Notice of Approval of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition

Having read through the boards here, it appears no one has actually ever gotten the mailed notice from the Beijing Embassy of their I-130 being approved. I had already been in contact by email with the embassy and had been told it was approved but some things I find interesting.

1. It came in a Plain White Envelope with my wife's name and our address in Chinese. No indication that it was from the US gov't or 'important'.
  2. We do live in a pretty prominent building in Dalian so that might have helped. (As an aside my wife once told me a famous Chinese actor was in the elevator with us).
  3. It lists the date petition filed as 1/13/11 (which is the date the form was originally filled out) even though I did not mail it until 2/7/11 - It took a couple weeks to assemble the package and then the Post Office was closed over Spring Festival.
  4. The Approval date is listed as 3/10/11 which is two days after my first email to them on the status. Did it sit there until I asked and then they looked at it? I almost wonder if I should have asked after one-two weeks rather than one month.
  5. The Notice is dated 3/14/11 and it says to wait two months before contacting the consulate in Guangzhou. I think I will give it a month and then send a polite inquiry by email, the worst they can do is ignore it.

I have heard of people getting it. It's a hit or miss. The initial letter they send isn't through registered mail, which is where the problem lies. If you look at the time lines, you see several people who have received the letter in the mail

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/New_Timeline/CFL_Timeline2.htm