Carl's guitar project.

warpedbored

Great job Carl. You have done well, "made a hunnert" as my ol' daddy used to say. Steve is a great guy, It's be great to sit with you both and have some laughs at life...but....momma is coming home Sept 2nd....we have lots of "bidness" that needs taken care of. I'll jes have to read about you guys when I come up fer air.

tsap seui

Charles I haven't played in 15 years until I finished this guitar. I'm too rusty to make a video. I've been playing it every day but I still play badly. My mind knows what to do but my fingers don't want to cooperate. It will take a lot more practice before I'm ready to make a YouTube video.

Charles I haven't played in 15 years until I finished this guitar. I'm too rusty to make a video. I've been playing it every day but I still play badly. My mind knows what to do but my fingers don't want to cooperate. It will take a lot more practice before I'm ready to make a YouTube video.

For me, the worse part of beginning to play after a lengthy layoff is getting the fingertips toughened up. Ouch and then some.....

I finally sat down to play the other day. Clipped the nails and everything.

Man, how many times do I play the same old lick.

My job requires the slow development of arthritic fingers too.

I know I have the potential and that's what's so frustrating. Arggh!

Course havin' someone to jam with would do the trick.

Hmm.

• Like 1

My bass neck feels like a 2X4 in my left hand. The action is set really low but I feel like I'm a first timer trying to play it.

I can remember being finely tuned in with my base and even on the road if we wound up with one day traveling to the next city and I didn't play I felt rusty for the first set until I got back into the swing, but now, I could cry. It ain't like riding a bicycle, I tells ya. I used to know how to play but I ain't got the first lick going now.

Then again, the last time I played a bass was in a nightclub in Baltimore, back in 1977. We had come back to the Baltimore/DC area after playing 6 months on the road. We were all from the DC and Northern Virginia area so it was home base for us. We finished up that night in the Baltimore club and were leaving the next day to start another mid-west tour. Our lead female singer had had enough and her boyfriend was pushing her to quit the road. So, as bands often go, it was stay in town and look for another female lead, or change our song list and just use our male vocals....but we'd had enough of the road I guess. Four years of living 7 or 8 months a year in hotels and motels had worn us down.

We had a ton of fun in those years. I miss lots of that experience and am proud that we had gotten good enough to make some great dough for those times and to have lines waiting outside to get into the clubs we played at in cities all over the mid-west. We proved ourselves, but enough was enough, time for another chapter I reckon.

IT's great to see Chawls playing like he does in a damn good band.

tsap seui

Not even just to hear the tone from your invention? :guitar:

I decided I needed a stand for the guitar so I made one. It's kinda cool since it's held together with 2 half lap joints and comes apart in 3 pieces making it easy to transport.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/117zi38.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/ao2b2w.jpg

I decided I needed a stand for the guitar so I made one. It's kinda cool since it's held together with 2 half lap joints and comes apart in 3 pieces making it easy to transport.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/117zi38.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/ao2b2w.jpg

Carl this is simply kick ass!!!! What a work of art. You should be proud.