Big smiles in our home today... with USCIS status...

And that's the 10 year variety... yeehaw! We'll be content when it actually shows up in the mail, but very happy for now.

Through this whole process, never once did we receive a status email... nor did our status ever show up on USCIS.gov until today. Each time we called, they double checked our email and said that in future we'd receive email status, but it never happened. I've been checking for online status daily. Until today's note that "... we ordered production of your new card" it always said "... could not be found...".

After it took 4 months to get her biometrics scheduled (from receipt date to ASC appointment), I thought we were really in for the long haul. But now... less than 3 weeks after ASC appointment, the above status showed by using the ASC receipt number at USCIS.gov.

I'm really looking forward to 10 years of NO forced USCIS paperwork! Unless, of course she decides on applying for citizenship in a few short months... but at least that will be an optional choice.

Congrats, you noce to have the USCIS monkey off your back.

It is not uncommon for the online system to not give any status updates, seems to be broken lately due to changes at USCIS.

And that's the 10 year variety... yeehaw! We'll be content when it actually shows up in the mail, but very happy for now.

I'm really looking forward to 10 years of NO forced USCIS paperwork! Unless, of course she decides on applying for citizenship in a few short months... but at least that will be an optional choice.

You still have paperwork to do if you/her move, but yes, I get what you're saying. It is a nice feeling.

OH, is that why I'm not getting any status updates either! the VSC says 6 months processing time and our last update says case received on 11/29. Should I expect to receive my 10-yr GC by the end of May? (biometrics already done in early Jan.) So anxious... =(

Congrats, you noce to have the USCIS monkey off your back.

It is not uncommon for the online system to not give any status updates, seems to be broken lately due to changes at USCIS.

We received 10 yr GC in the mail yesterday, same day as the status letter stating card had been ordered... go figure.

And... this is only 4 weeks after biometrics (and no interview). Proves to me they really can move things forward efficiently when they have a mind to. With the 4 month delay we had in getting biometrics scheduled, I'm convinced that someone cracked the whip and drove this thing to the finish line.

Anyway... what a relief... sure feels good!

Thanks to all for help with various questions along the way.