IN CHINA THIS SUMMER WHILE PETITION PENDING

Hey all, after bugging USCIS,contacting every Congressman in the state if Indiana, and contacting the CIS Ombudsman, I recently received a letter from the USCIS apologizing for the amount of time it is taking for our case. The letter told me that they are still in the process of completing an in-depth background check on me, and it can take anywhere from a couple months to a couple years

I will finally be graduating from college after a total of 8 years of my life being a student (yes...call me Van Wilder) and since my wife and I have not seen each other for a year, we planned on me coming there to be with her until they make a decision in our case, no matter how long it takes.

I have discovered that because of the issues that are delaying our case, it is a possibility that USCIS could schedule an interview with me during the background check. Even though they have had plenty of time to do so, as of now they have not. My concern (and it would be just my luck) is that I will be there in China with her and USCIS will suddenly decide they want to interview me at the ASC in Indianapolis or some other location in the states.

I am willing to travel back to the US and then return to China to be with her, but that would cause a heavy financial burden for us.

Does anyone know if I would possibly be able to arrange with the USCIS to do the interview at the Consulate in Guangzhou? Does anyone know who I could contact to determine if this arrangement would be possible? Any other advice or input is welcome.

By the way....it has been very difficult for both of us through all of this and we are both starting to feel hopeless, but we are still hangin in there.

I am confused. Why would USCIS have any Interview with you??? That is never typical unless it is an Adjustment of Status. So I think you confusing either the process or terminology. And you filed for the I-129F/K3 which I would normally not recommend but since your stuck now, it's hard to know if that will help or hurt.

I would forget any idea of an interview with USCIS, unless you know something more than we do. Just go.

if your feeling hopeless, GUZ seems to know this on some level. Don't let them win that game. There is no reason to be hopeless. If your willing to go there until they make a decision, you should be will to just stay there to live.

I am confused. Why would USCIS have any Interview with you??? That is never typical unless it is an Adjustment of Status. So I think you confusing either the process or terminology. And you filed for the I-129F/K3 which I would normally not recommend but since your stuck now, it's hard to know if that will help or hurt.

I would forget any idea of an interview with USCIS, unless you know something more than we do. Just go.

if your feeling hopeless, GUZ seems to know this on some level. Don't let them win that game. There is no reason to be hopeless. If your willing to go there until they make a decision, you should be will to just stay there to live.

No...no confusion. I was told by USCIS that because of my criminal record they might decide to interview me about it before they make a decision in our case. I have also read of others in a similar situation as mine having an interview.

No...no confusion. I was told by USCIS that because of my criminal record they might decide to interview me about it before they make a decision in our case. I have also read of others in a similar situation as mine having an interview.

They have conducted similar interviews in Beijing - I'm sure it's possible, but I'm not sure how you would set it up. Perhaps the appointment letter would tell you how to re-schedule, if need be.

Ah... yes, now I recall some of the background to your case.... this maybe has to do with the IMBRA that we never talk about any more.

Here is what I would be inclined to do, if it were me.

1. Make an infopass and find out the status. Tell them to document your plans to go to china. Ask if any necessary interview can happen in china. Leave your dates and contact info for china, including email that your still get.

2. Go to China

3. Follow up

4. Deal with life as it unfolds

Ah... yes, now I recall some of the background to your case.... this maybe has to do with the IMBRA that we never talk about any more.

Here is what I would be inclined to do, if it were me.

1. Make an infopass and find out the status. Tell them to document your plans to go to china. Ask if any necessary interview can happen in china. Leave your dates and contact info for china, including email that your still get.

2. Go to China

3. Follow up

4. Deal with life as it unfolds

And I will add one more......DON'T LOSE HOPE!!