Beginning N-400 (Citizenship)

Sent out our N-400 app Monday. We sent the following with it: (Taken from cover page)

• Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  • N-400 Application for Naturalization
    • Photocopy of both sides of Permanent Resident Card
    • (2) 2” x 2” photos
    • Check in the amount of $680.00
  • Marriage-related evidence
    • Copy of spouse’s birth certificate
    • Copy of spouse’s passport
    • Copy of marriage certificate
    • Copy of child’s birth certificate
    • Copy of child’s social security card
    • Evidence of joint bank account since 11/19/2007
    • Copy of deed to house
    • Copy of taxes (Joint Return)

It was received and signed by C THORNQUIST the next day in Dallas, Texas. Here's hoping for a speedy application so we can begin the I-130 for each parent. We also have to figure out what to do with her sister back in China. She's still under 21. The system's broke.

Sent out our N-400 app Monday. We sent the following with it: (Taken from cover page)

• Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  • N-400 Application for Naturalization
    • Photocopy of both sides of Permanent Resident Card
    • (2) 2¡± x 2¡± photos
    • Check in the amount of $680.00

[*]Marriage-related evidence

• Copy of spouse¡¯s birth certificate
    • Copy of spouse¡¯s passport
    • Copy of marriage certificate
    • Copy of child¡¯s birth certificate
    • Copy of child¡¯s social security card
    • Evidence of joint bank account since 11/19/2007
    • Copy of deed to house
    • Copy of taxes (Joint Return)

It was received and signed by C THORNQUIST the next day in Dallas, Texas. Here's hoping for a speedy application so we can begin the I-130 for each parent. We also have to figure out what to do with her sister back in China. She's still under 21. The system's broke.

How much younger than age 21?

If your spouse becomes US citizen and then files for sibling, the petition will be classed Family Fourth Prefrence in any case, so a long 10 year or so process to eventually get a visa for sibling.

If spouse files for parents, and they come over in IR-5 visa, and then imediatly file an I-130 for a child of Lawful Permanent resident, sibling would fall into one of 2 classes depending on age at time petition is filed. if under 21 would fall into (F2A), and if 21 or older (F2B) and needs to remain un-married. F2A is 4 years, F2B is 8 years. If during the processing parent naturalizes and becomes citizen and gets petition upgraded then sibling could be switched to F1 priority (Helpful if sibling is in F2B class, not helpful if in F2A).

Priority times do change from month to month you can study this here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

If your spouse becomes US citizen and then files for sibling, the petition will be classed Family Fourth Prefrence in any case, so a long 10 year or so process to eventually get a visa for sibling.

If spouse files for parents, and they come over in IR-5 visa, and then imediatly file an I-130 for a child of Lawful Permanent resident, sibling would fall into one of 2 classes depending on age at time petition is filed. if under 21 would fall into (F2A), and if 21 or older (F2B) and needs to remain un-married. F2A is 4 years, F2B is 8 years. If during the processing parent naturalizes and becomes citizen and gets petition upgraded then sibling could be switched to F1 priority (Helpful if sibling is in F2B class, not helpful if in F2A).

Priority times do change from month to month you can study this here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

She turns 21 this November. My wife will be able to apply for her parents probably around September assuming the citizenship process goes smoothly. [Previously Discussed]

Priority times do change from month to month you can study this here: http://travel.state....letin_1360.html

She turns 21 this November. My wife will be able to apply for her parents probably around September assuming the citizenship process goes smoothly. [Previously Discussed]

OK then it will be F-4 (Sibling of USC) or F2B (Parents filing petition for unmarried son/daugher over age 21 of lawful permanent resident.)

If sibling is contemplating marriage, or gets married, then the (F-4 class Sibling would be the better approach, it gets derivative visas for sibling's spouse and children)

Yeah. Mother, father, and sister all go to American and leave the kid behind for about 10-11 years. I still don't get the logic behind it.

21 year old is no longer a "kid"

Can always do like a friend of our's, he married a nice lady who's sister living in the USA introduced him to, no the sisters are both here in the states.

21 year old is no longer a "kid"

It is for a 20-21 year old girl just starting college in China who's never had a boyfriend. She can't support herself and has no family to take care of her. She has no work experience. I'm sure you already know that they are raised to be more dependent on parents for longer than we are here. Shoot, I felt ready to marry, move out, and get a job when I turned 18 - but I'm glad I waited.

Believe me - we've thought about introducing her to someone here, but I don't know anyone who would be a good match for her, and my wife feels she's too young to get married.