Hello, need help with visa...inexperienced

I have been thinking about this thing for months now. And I've searched the net for info but I don't really know where to start. Right now I'm thinking of applying for a fiance visa for my girlfriend who is living in China. Because of my job right now I cannot take time to travel back. Even though I'm Chinese, I'm an American citizen which makes it tough for me find a job in China so I guess the only thing left to do is apply for the visa.

I have read the fiance visa info on this site and many other websites as well. However, I have had problems finding actual useful information as to HOW to apply. I have the form and I have filled everything out. So what is the next step? Do I mail it to the embassy or what are the next steps that I need to take. Also, would it be beneficial to get help from an attorney or a lawyer?

Thanks.

Welcome to CFL. Apparently you didn't download the instructions for filling out the I-129F. Here is a link, it tells you where you need to file, what forms you need and how much to pay.

http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf

Here is a link to some other links that will help you navigate CFL and the visa process.

http://candleforlove...showtopic=16183

Here is a link to sample forms filled in.

http://www.visajourn...ontent/examples

A good guide and what I used 4.5 years ago: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

if you or your fiancee have any issues in past that may call into question as to bonafide relationship, consider front loading the petition.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40999

Thanks for all your help.

I still have a few questions.

1. I met my fiance when I was working in China. But because of visa problems I had to come back to the US. We have been together for a year, however, I was physically with her for only 4 months. Meaning that after I came back to the US, I had a hard time finding a job, therefore I had no money to go back to visit her (I have a job now though). Is this a concern? We do not have any pictures together either (at the time we didn't even THINK that this could happen. She could care less about coming to the US. I wanted to stay in China, I'm Chinese after all...but...I couldn't because I'm an American citizen). But now we just want to be together the fastest way possible.

2. The i-129 form requires for me to fill out my fiance's address abroad. However, she does not live at "home" right now. She lives in a "dorm" where she works. Which address do I fill out? And also, do I have to write it in English? Since it will be hard translating the Chinese street names to English. This same question applies to the G325A form.

3. Would it help getting one of those visa attourneys that specialize in this? I saw on there website that they can get it done in 40 days. Is this really possible?? Thanks.

1. I met my fiance when I was working in China. But because of visa problems I had to come back to the US. We have been together for a year, however, I was physically with her for only 4 months. Meaning that after I came back to the US, I had a hard time finding a job, therefore I had no money to go back to visit her (I have a job now though). Is this a concern? We do not have any pictures together either (at the time we didn't even THINK that this could happen. She could care less about coming to the US. I wanted to stay in China, I'm Chinese after all...but...I couldn't because I'm an American citizen). But now we just want to be together the fastest way possible.

2. The i-129 form requires for me to fill out my fiance's address abroad. However, she does not live at "home" right now. She lives in a "dorm" where she works. Which address do I fill out? And also, do I have to write it in English? Since it will be hard translating the Chinese street names to English. This same question applies to the G325A form.

3. Would it help getting one of those visa attourneys that specialize in this? I saw on there website that they can get it done in 40 days. Is this really possible?? Thanks.

Why don't you get married now ?

Why doing I-129 ?

Bringing her to the US as a fiance when you already had been with her before for a while ?

You are a Chinese and so is she ??? Why not get married in China ???

This is all very suspicious to me and I 'm not even an immigration officer who is used to see frauds every day .

K1 denied . Thanks for the application fee.

Why doing I-129 ?

Bringing her to the US as a fiance when you already had been with her before for a while ?

This is all very suspicious to me and I 'm not even an immigration officer who is used to see frauds every day .

Yep it seems that in many minds no option exists other that the K-1.

If residing in China and have a residency permit, why not marry, and file I-130 to DHS located in China rather that mailing petition to the states. Quicker, less expensive, and gets the green-card upon entry to the USA.

Similar topic this morning: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42988

Why doing I-129 ?

I know all this sounds weird. I would love to marry her in China. But there are several factors that I need to consider:

1. If I go back to marry her I would need to quit my job (I just started this job 2 months ago)

2. Even though I'm Chinese, I'm an American citizen, and that's it...I'm treated just like any other American citizen. I know I can have an L visa after marrying her. But I would still need a work visa in order to get a job in China. And right now, that's the biggest problem. Finding a company that will sponsor me. I would love to live in China with her, but I don't know how long it would take me to find a job in China (unless of course, she can sponsor me to restore my Chinese citizenship).

The thing is ....if I can get permenant residency in China, have a good job in China with her....then we wouldn't even think of coming to the US. She doesn't really want to come here, it's all because of our separation right now.

Edited by Life111 (see edit history)

Getting married in China of course would require another TRIP to China, which he apparently doesn't have the money for. The I-129 F can be filed TODAY, which at least gives it a head start over the I-130, filed DCF. The DCF process is quicker, but since you didn't take the option while you were in China, the I-129F would get the process started NOW.

Four months together is more than adequate (more time together than most of us had before filing, including married couples), although it is advisable to get another trip in before the the interview date and to be there for the interview, if reasonably possible. If you can only afford one more trip, it may be wise to make the trip SOONER, so as not to leave too long of a gap without seeing her.

No a lawyer cannot get you the visa any quicker than you can by filing yourself. Either you or the lawyer can make mistakes, however, that might slow down the process.

DO NOT translate any street or place names to English (you seem to be implying this) - use the pinyin representation. Her mailing address can be in Chinese characters, if the postal workers may not recognize the pinyin.

The address you use should be an address where she will be able to receive mail, prefeably without having to change the address part way through the process.

There is no HINT of fraud in anything you are doing.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Why doing I-129 ?

I know all this sounds weird. I would love to marry her in China. But there are several factors that I need to consider:

1. If I go back to marry her I would need to quit my job (I just started this job 2 months ago)

2. Even though I'm Chinese, I'm an American citizen, and that's it...I'm treated just like any other American citizen. I know I can have an L visa after marrying her. But I would still need a work visa in order to get a job in China. And right now, that's the biggest problem. Finding a company that will sponsor me. I would love to live in China with her, but I don't know how long it would take me to find a job in China (unless of course, she can sponsor me to restore my Chinese citizenship).

The thing is ....if I can get permenant residency in China, have a good job in China with her....then we wouldn't even think of coming to the US. She doesn't really want to come here, it's all because of our separation right now.

You can go to China, get married, and be back within a week - it's your choice, if you can afford that option right now. Like the others are saying, the DCF would have been quicker, but is (probably) no longer an option, unless you can still claim residency in China to the consulate's satisfaction.

1)Time together is not a problem, it is longer than most doing K-1, not pictures together can cause problems, it is one piece of evidence that is part of the big picture

2) My wife lived in a dorm for her work, however her home address was her mother's place, and that is the address we used.

3) Nope, if they say they can make it go any faster as in 40 days, RUN-AWAY there is nothing that a lawyer can do to make the process go any faster. A lawyer may be able to make sure the paperwork is in order, but I have seen many posts about how this can me messed up too. Lawyers can be useful when dealing with denials.

Study the guides and check over your package several times before filing.

Yeah it seems a picture is absolutely essential. We didn't even think about this last time. Don't have pictures of us together. Also, a tax form....dammit. I don't think I have that either right now.

Don't know what to do.

Tax returns not needed until later at NVC and/or visa interview, they will be attached to the affidavit of support.

I sent 5 or 6 pictures in with our petition filing, all showed us together at various places around Guilin, one of me an the family over there, shows acceptance by the family.

If you are chinese, I believe "re-patriation, to China as a Chinese citizen is pretty easy.

There used to be some information about this on the web, but China basically views ALL Chinese people world wide as Chinese.

If your serious about living in China, do it.

Why doing I-129 ?

Whats the advantage of getting married in China vs the K1 fiance visa? Don't both visas take 5+ months to get approved?