Hello all Candle for Love readers/writers:

My wife Li and I have been waiting for what is now over 7 months to hear back from USCIS. Through phone and email correspondence all I can find out is how long the review will be extended. The last response said that we will hear back within 60 days of the response, which was made on January 25th. So, by the end of the month we should finally know what the deal is... any ideas as to what the hold up might be? I had to send in additional evidence, namely a copy of the gong zheng shu to count as a properly notarized certificate. To make matters difficult, we are currently living apart from each other. I was able to visit her (in Europe, where she's currently studying and working) for the holidays, luckily, but that was expensive and fleeting. Please, actual information, words of advice, or comforting stories told from experience are all much appreciated. I wish everyone here the best of luck if you're going through the process, and the loudest of congratulations if you've already been through. It was a dream to meet the love of my life, but grounding it in reality is what gave everything meaning. We're starting to have to dream again...

Welcome to Candle..

Anyway a lot of petitions seem to be held up ate USCIS, some sort of SNAFU at the service centers VSC especially. Seems like there is some movement lately on some filed last September.

As for the certificate, you should be fine, it only needs a translation attached, USCIS only needs photocopies of things like marriage certs, and the translation only needs to be "certified" by the translator to be an accurate translation by simply stating they are competent in the two languages, and signing the translation.

Hello all Candle for Love readers/writers:

My wife Li and I have been waiting for what is now over 7 months to hear back from USCIS. Through phone and email correspondence all I can find out is how long the review will be extended. The last response said that we will hear back within 60 days of the response, which was made on January 25th. So, by the end of the month we should finally know what the deal is... any ideas as to what the hold up might be? I had to send in additional evidence, namely a copy of the gong zheng shu to count as a properly notarized certificate. To make matters difficult, we are currently living apart from each other. I was able to visit her (in Europe, where she's currently studying and working) for the holidays, luckily, but that was expensive and fleeting. Please, actual information, words of advice, or comforting stories told from experience are all much appreciated. I wish everyone here the best of luck if you're going through the process, and the loudest of congratulations if you've already been through. It was a dream to meet the love of my life, but grounding it in reality is what gave everything meaning. We're starting to have to dream again...

Don't just email and call . Did you make an infopass appt with the local USCIS office having jurisdiction over your area ???

What is the reason for RFE ??? Is it just translation /notarization of documents ?

I would not count in hearing back. Sometimes that is code for; call us again in 60 days.

It would be helpful to hear more of a timeline. when did you submit the papers; when did they request additional info, and exactly what was it; when did you send it back.

7 months is a long time but given a request changes things. Waiting is part of the process. The only part we control is submitting the proper papers. So a hard lesson to learn I know. Once sent to NVC, do the electronic processing as it is faster than the paper shuffle. Good luck.