Mailing address on DCF I-130

With a lot of help from this site, my wife and I are almost ready to DCF in Beijing. I'd like to know some things about how documents will be mailed to us, though.

I've seen conflicting answers for what to use in section B-2 of the I-130 ("Information about you" > Address). If they use this as my mailing address, I'd like to give my Chinese address, but I read it must be a U.S. or Canadian address. I've also read that if you DCF, they'll use your spouse's given Chinese address for mailing. Any one have experience with that? If I use my U.S. domicile address, will it be a problem that elsewhere I state I'm currently living in China with my spouse? For the "address at which you last lived together" I used that same Chinese address, with a date of "Nov 2010 to present".

Finally, DHS-Beijing says:

Applicants are strongly encouraged to always provide a clear and complete address written in Mandarin characters, as well as an e-mail address on all applications and correspondence filed with the Beijing Field Office.

If someone has done that, did you just write it on the top? I know that I-130 has a field for the spouse's address in Chinese, but it sounds like they suggest more than that.

The process doesn't seem to have been designed with DCF in mind, but I guess the officers understand that.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Here's a copy of what we did. Of course we are no longer living there and we've redacted some of the personal information

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc193/kyleinwuhan/Screenshot-1.png

We simply used Pinyin for the first section that you're referring to. Actually, we used her parent's address instead of where we were actually living b/c the mail system was unreliable at our apartment. (Not to mention that we were subletting from a Chinese friend)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc193/kyleinwuhan/Screenshot-2.png

On the second page of the I-130, you'll have an opportunty to type/write the address in Chinese.

I have uploaded what we did - of course the information allowing you to find my inlaws have been redacted

You use the address you guys are living at in China (or in our case, we uhh umm used her parent's address as our "address" and kept our under-the-table apartment, under-the-table. The address we used is the same address I used to register with the PSB. On the second page, you'll have an opportunity to list your address in the States, however, your mailing address will be your Chinese address

#19 and #21 of page 2 of the I-130 are the pinyin equivalents of #20 of page 2 (Hanzi 汉字) Clear as mud?

I have kept copies of everything we used along the way - If you have any more questions on how to fill something out - let me know

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

With a lot of help from this site, my wife and I are almost ready to DCF in Beijing. I'd like to know some things about how documents will be mailed to us, though.

I've seen conflicting answers for what to use in section B-2 of the I-130 ("Information about you" > Address). If they use this as my mailing address, I'd like to give my Chinese address, but I read it must be a U.S. or Canadian address. I've also read that if you DCF, they'll use your spouse's given Chinese address for mailing. Any one have experience with that? If I use my U.S. domicile address, will it be a problem that elsewhere I state I'm currently living in China with my spouse? For the "address at which you last lived together" I used that same Chinese address, with a date of "Nov 2010 to present".

Finally, DHS-Beijing says:

Applicants are strongly encouraged to always provide a clear and complete address written in Mandarin characters, as well as an e-mail address on all applications and correspondence filed with the Beijing Field Office.

If someone has done that, did you just write it on the top? I know that I-130 has a field for the spouse's address in Chinese, but it sounds like they suggest more than that.

The process doesn't seem to have been designed with DCF in mind, but I guess the officers understand that.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Let me clarify some of the things you posted. If you're filing directly with the consulate, that means that you have permanent residence (typically) in China. In other words, if you're able to file within China, the Consulate/Embassy already knows you've been living abroad for at least 6 months - thus, you wouldn't put your US address as your mailing address. Have you made an appointment yet to drop off your I-130 packet in Beijing? I feel your pain - as Jingjing and I also filed in Beijing. The DCF route can be confusing but, for us, it was the way to go. It definitely cut down on the waiting time. OK, back to filing in Beijing. To help you out, this is what Jingjing and I dropped off when we submitted our I-130.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39043&view=findpost&p=520652

You might also want to take a look at this information for starters:

Immediate Relative Immigrant Petitions (Form I-130):

U.S. Citizens with proof of residency in China may file an Immediate Relative Petition (Form I-130) by making an appointment to come in to the office during Window hours.

U.S. Citizens with proof of residency in China, residing outside of the Beijing or Guangzhou Consular Districts, may file at the American Consulates General in Shenyang, Shanghai, or Chengdu. The Beijing Office may contact petitioners and /or applicants to request personal appearances for an interview or to request additional documentation.

Please note that in China, immigrant visas are only issued at the American Consulate General in Guangzhou. Therefore, unless otherwise requested, all approved immediate relative petitions are forwarded to Guangzhou for further processing.

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/homeland_security.html

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/cr1/ir1_and_cr2/ir2.html

The only thing that I didn't include when filing my initial petition was an EOR letter - I waiting until later to submit it. You might do a CFL search on "EOR letter" and "frontloading". Pictures, letters from family members, really anything that is truly helpful in giving the VO an accurate picture of you guys as a couple, I'd submit along with your I-130 in Beijing. We did that - at least as much as we could and it made for an easy interview while in Guangzhou. Good luck!

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Thank you, Kyle. That's how I had filled it out, but it's good to see confirmation from someone who's done it.

And I actually have your post about what you submitted bookmarked. I've studied it and many others carefully, and am pretty sure I am close to having everything together, but I got a little tripped up when it came time to fill in the I-130.

Thanks for sticking around the forums even after you've completed the process. You and the other regulars are a huge help.

Edit: Didn't make appointment yet; still need to do a few things.

Edited by Baigui (see edit history)