How to talk to a human at USCIS?

Its been over 5 months since my NOA1. I called hoping to talk to a human but all it would let me do is get an automated update on the phone. No option to talk to a human.

I know people can get through but how do you do it???

5 months is very common these days, if you do get someone they will simply tell you to wait 30 days beyond the processing time noted on USCIS, before they will trace it.

Its been over 5 months since my NOA1. I called hoping to talk to a human but all it would let me do is get an automated update on the phone. No option to talk to a human.

I know people can get through but how do you do it???

5 months is very common these days, if you do get someone they will simply tell you to wait 30 days beyond the processing time noted on USCIS, before they will trace it.

I know its common but I wanted to just get anything I could. Anyway, I figured out how to talk to someone. Just call and dont hit any buttons even 1 for english. It thinks your calling on a rotary phone and it puts you through. The person starts speaking spanish and you tell them you speak english.

She told me they are working on Visas submitted August 24th. She also told me that once they approve the I-29F they would schedule an interview I asked her about the I-34 and also getting medical information. She said that wasnt necessary since its an I-29F. Didnt sound right to me.

I know its common but I wanted to just get anything I could. Anyway, I figured out how to talk to someone. Just call and dont hit any buttons even 1 for english. It thinks your calling on a rotary phone and it puts you through. The person starts speaking spanish and you tell them you speak english.

She told me they are working on Visas submitted August 24th. She also told me that once they approve the I-29F they would schedule an interview I asked her about the I-34 and also getting medical information. She said that wasnt necessary since its an I-29F. Didnt sound right to me.

1. Once USCIS approves the I-129F they will send the petition to NVC who will assign a GUZ case number to it and send it on to the consulate.
  2. More than likely the case will get stuck in the 2-3 month customs hold.
  3. The consulate eventually receives the case and sends out Packet 3
  4. Fiancee returns OF-169 and DS-230 part 1 and another form from the packet 3 back to the consulate
  5. The consulate then schedules the interview, usually 30 - 60 days after they receive back the packet 3 docs
  6. The consulate mails out Packet 4 with medical instructions and interview letter.

I would prepare the I-134 around the time your fiancee gets packet 3

Had to read again!

Prepare for the mop-slapping! Remember she is always right even when wrong.

To add, Medical can be done in Guangzhou a few days prior to interview. What she may be thinking is vaccinations, yes they can be deferred until stateside, however the medical exam is a requirement of the visa.

Had to read again!

Prepare for the mop-slapping! Remember she is always right even when wrong.

To add, Medical can be done in Guangzhou a few days prior to interview. What she may be thinking is vaccinations, yes they can be deferred until stateside, however the medical exam is a requirement of the visa.

Oh no I meant the lady at the visa office told me that. Thats why it sounded strange to me. Anyway, thank you for your help!