Here is the story, Stepdaughter is IR2 and breezed through the Vermont and the electronic process in breakneck speed. Catching my La Po and I off guard, we are heading to China in late March and heading back to US mid April and would like to bring our daughter home. The dilemma is this, the interview has been scheduled for March 8/9, and we cannot change our plans to be there. We asked to Change the date to Late March and were told sorry March is full and we can only commit to a 1-2 month time frame for getting a new date, risking our chance to bring her to US.Unfortunately, the only family member available to help is my wife's mother and she is very unsophisticated and we do not believe she is capable, of navigating the interview process. I need to explore all options so here is what I am asking. In the past I have seen posts about hotel owners guiding CFL members through the process. Is there someone in exchange for staying at their hotel that would be willing to hold mother in laws hand from arrival at the airport until departure. In lieu of that, is there an actual service, for a fee of course, that would walk her through every step. She will have the paper work. I need someone to explain what is going to happen, take her to the medical, bring her to the consulate, etc.

Any suggestions are welcome

jk3

If one of you absolutely can't break away to be there for the kid's interview....look in the Guangzhou hotel section here and get Mr. and Mrs Yang's contact info, they may be able to help.

It's a shame this has worked out this way. I would have a HUGE fear of my kid going to the interview without at least one of with him...it's tough enough with GUZ as it is.

This is one of those times where I would have to bite the bullet and do, and spend, whatever it took to have my wife (as I don't speak Chinese) be there for the interview. We have seen denials for something as simple as this.

Good luck.

tsap seui