B2 visa can't get married within 3 month upon arrival to the US

When my ex-wife and I married she came here on a tourist visa from Japan. We got married two weeks later and filed for a green card. When we had her interview the interviewing officer didn't like it much but in the end he approved our petition. This was 31 years ago though and immigration law is much different now. To be honest I doubt very seriously that you would be denied, especially where a baby who is a US citizen is involved, but there is risk.

This is true, INS does not wish to break up familys.

I would marry now, have baby and then file AOS.

I seem to recall someone posting perhaps two years ago or so entering the USA on a B2 already married then adjusting status, it went well.

You have received a lot of positive feedback in this thread and I hope things go well for you, your husband, and your new baby. One thing I noticed, however, is that you seem to be getting some questionable information from your husband's lawyer. Is he an immigration attorney? Not all lawyers are well-versed in immigration law as it is a very complicated field.

When my ex-wife and I married she came here on a tourist visa from Japan. We got married two weeks later and filed for a green card. When we had her interview the interviewing officer didn't like it much but in the end he approved our petition. This was 31 years ago though and immigration law is much different now. To be honest I doubt very seriously that you would be denied, especially where a baby who is a US citizen is involved, but there is risk.

This is true, INS does not wish to break up familys.

I would marry now, have baby and then file AOS.

I seem to recall someone posting perhaps two years ago or so entering the USA on a B2 already married then adjusting status, it went well.

Had to do some digging.

Here is the one I was thinking of, A long and messy post.

http://candleforlove...showtopic=26372

http://candleforlove...showtopic=27218

http://candleforlove...showtopic=27570 (Approved)

You have received a lot of positive feedback in this thread and I hope things go well for you, your husband, and your new baby. One thing I noticed, however, is that you seem to be getting some questionable information from your husband's lawyer. Is he an immigration attorney? Not all lawyers are well-versed in immigration law as it is a very complicated field.

All the more so when you don't follow the requirements and try to circumvent the system

All the more so when you don't follow the requirements and try to circumvent the system

Sorry, guy! I think all they want to do is get married without damaging their immigration chances - that shouldn't be a problem. Marriage, short of bigamy, is not a crime in anyone's book.

Sorry, guy! I think all they want to do is get married without damaging their immigration chances - that shouldn't be a problem. Marriage, short of bigamy, is not a crime in anyone's book.

Since being back in the USA have seen way to many abuses of the whole system that results in the "doubt" cast on those and the wait for those who do it by book. They know what it takes to get a K1 or CR-1 visa. They are more than welcome to get married while on a B-2 visa and have a baby in the USA and be subjected to questions about intent (and then others who follow the correct procedure are also by default subject to same type of doubt because of cases like this one). They also had time to apply using the normal channel for this situation and then wait like the rest of us had to.