what agencies are acceptable for translating documents?

Do all the documents my wife must submit at her interview (police statement of no criminal history, birth certificate, divorce certificate, passport etc.) require notarized translations similar to the white marriage book? If so, what agencies are acceptable to provide this service for us?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Andrew

Do all the documents my wife must submit at her interview (police statement of no criminal history, birth certificate, divorce certificate, passport etc.) require notarized translations similar to the white marriage book? If so, what agencies are acceptable to provide this service for us?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Andrew

Take them to the Notary office in home town, same place will be getting birth cert, divorce cert, non-married cert (K-1). Police cert is acquired at PSB and then brought to Notary office. Same place you got the White Marriage Book..

There is no translation of a passport, it is an international doc, and has the bio page already in English.

Just to echo Dan, who is spot on:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39219&view=findpost&p=528266

Your notarized/translated documents will all be done by the same office. My wife had her police report, our marriage license, and her birth certificate all done at the our city's notary office which is authorized to do notarizations for foreign consulates. If your wife does a search for "your city, notary, foreign" in Chinese, for example we did this search "Î人¹«Ö¤ÉæÍâ"

Our city, Wuhan: Î人

Notary: ¹«Ö¤ gong1zheng4

Foreign: ÉæÍâ she4wai4

The name of the office is probably (your city) gong1zheng4chu4 - £¨your city)¹«Ö¤´¦

Yes, all of these will be in a white book. You will need photos for all of these, but the requirements are different in different places. I'm sure once you find the proper office's website, you'll find what they require.

Make sure you go to the above office in your city. Do not go to an alternative notary service, as there are many of them out there. Unfortunately not all services are created equal in the eyes of the Chinese government - thus, not all are qualified for foreign affairs. You're looking for at least a city level notary.