Chinese passport renewal

NUWORLD

Well it's that time for my wife (Zhenghong) To get her passport renewed.

Her passport will expire this year 7/21/2011

Though we do not plan to go home (China) until late this year if not early next year.

We still need to get this taken care of

We live in Ohio and NY is the place we need to go to get this taken care of.

Just wondering if anyone has been through the NY Chinese consulate process of getting your wife's passport renewed?

If so what was needed and what was your experience there?

I have (Tried) to read the NY consulate web site and it is a bit inconclusive about what is needed.

Any help and or advice would be appreciated.

Mike.

On a side note: Dan, The Man! We talked a little about this subject last week.

Any input?

Well we got lucky and did not make the painful trip out to NYC, wife did her's last summer when visiting home in Guilin.

Here is what it looks like:

For private private passport passport renewal The following private passport holders, usually apply for renewal of new ordinary passports: (1) passport valid or has expired by less than one year; (2) passport visa page exhaustion and inadequate user; (3) multi- were combined with a passport holders are required to use passports were; (4) children from age who looks great change; (5) passport seriously damaged, affecting users; (6) 92 Edition passport ( please click here sample ) and marital status, occupation column print the relevant content, and marital status, occupation change who (the new passport is no longer printing marital status and occupation).

(A ) of the required materials

1, truthful, complete, and clearly fill in the "Republic of China passport / travel document / Seaman / home APPLICATION FORM" (H-1) one. Click here to download the form , please choose LETTER WORD in the paper printing.

2, the private passport original.

3, copy of passport (including pages with photographs, extension, and filling page (no content without copying), the last exit exit China Chapter, Chapter immigrants entering the United States, please use the Letter size paper).

4, 2-inch recent, positive, hat, 4 color photos (one photo please paste the application form).

5, original and photocopy of visa to the United States.

6, holding the U.S. "green card" or "U.S. card", please provide a "green card" or "U.S. card" and a copy of the original. U.S. long-term holding a valid visa (I-20 or I-797) or the Canadian Permanent Resident Card, please provide the original and copy of visa or Permanent Resident Card.

7, combined with a passport, the need to apply for the same time according to the procedures of the Consulate General. If some of them have joined the foreign nationality is required to submit paper or naturalized citizens of those foreign passports and a copy of the original.

¡¡ 8, the consular officer may require the application of other matters related materials.

(B ) means for

1, such applications do not need an appointment.

2, the applicant must apply in person to our library, not by mail or commission agent.

3, the normal license renewal, pay 55 dollars when taking photos / this. Such as filling the same time apply, subject to $ 10 for each filling, no rush charges or rush fee service.

4, some applications must be submitted to internal audit, a long time, the applicant may submit their applications one month after the call automatically Enquiries 212-8682074 or visit our library appointment For inquiries, website check for the situation. Artificial queries are not accepted. When evidence of such payment $ 105 application / this.

5, our library has opened 97 technology to print photographs of ordinary passports version of the passport production time is longer, so renewal of ordinary passports are no express service.

¡¡ 6, the library receives a cash check (Money Order), company check, Master or Visa credit card, do not accept cash, personal checks and other payment methods.

¡¡¡¡ Submitted evidence and payments, please click here .

(C ) Note

Renewal of passport, original passport, the applicant will be cut off angle, and returned to the applicant. If the original passport with valid visa or other entry and exit of foreign records, its effectiveness please contact prior to the issue of consultation.

http://translate.goo...lTBTHyRnHaUtjUA

Will need:

H-1 form:

Original passport

4 passport pictures.

Green-card

Self addressed paid priority mail envelope for them to mail it back to you

hey

Chinese Passport Renewal

This link is to the Washington, D.C. Embassy website. Please check your own consulate's (Chinese language) website, as their procedures and requirements may differ. The Houston consulate would not accept these forms, and required 3 passport photos.

Several people have reported that you
can
take a pre-paid mailer envelope to have the passport mailed to you. Others have reported that the consulates tend to find fault with passport photos taken elsewhere,
so
it's best to have them taken at the consulate.

According to the new Passport Act, ordinary passports are valid for up to ten years. For people under sixteen years of age, ordinary passports are valid for up to five years only.

If you are over 12 years and under 65 years of age, you will have to apply for the passport in person at the Chinese Consulate.
(in Chinese)

Thanks Dan.

Though the link for the H-1 Form is broken up in the translation.

Do you have a link for the English version?

Also if it could be PDF would be great!

Thanks.

Mike

Try: http://www.visarite.com/images/Chinese_Passport/China_H1.pdf

Thanks Dan.

Though the link for the H-1 Form is broken up in the translation.

Do you have a link for the English version?

Also if it could be PDF would be great!

Thanks.

Mike

Try: http://www.visarite.com/images/Chinese_Passport/China_H1.pdf

Thanks again Dan, But that is in Chinese.

And i have already downloaded that one.

Hong can fill out some of the questions her self but gets stuck on some of them.

I need a English version so i can see what the questions are she is getting stuck on so i can help her complete the H-1 form.

They won't have an English version - this form is for Chinese citizens.

Thanks Randy.

Yes i agree, Even though they say you can fill it out in English? :blink:

It's like a zen riddle or a catch 22.

So i guess it's like this:

Go to NY and hope we have everything filled out right and pray the trip is not a waste of time.

Or go home to China (7000 miles) and know it will be taken care of with no questions asked.

What that commercial?

Travel to NY = 300-400$ and not knowing if Hong will get new passport (H-1) not filled out correctly

Travel to China = 2200$ enjoy being with family and friends and knowing she will get new passport within our time there in China.

Priceless!! :lol:

My wife took her Chinese passport to the local Entry-Exit Administration of PSB in China. They refused to renew her passport, because it had not expired yet or not within certain time period of expiration (I cann't remember the exact months). So my wife came back to the U.S. Last year we took a small vacation to NYC and had her Chinese passport renewed at Chinese Consulate in NYC. We brought her Chinese passport, photos, green card, application form, etc. They gave us a ticket to retrieve the passport a couple of weeks later. We gave the ticket to a Chinese travel agent in Boston Chinatown and paid a fee of either $10-$15 and got back my wife's new 10 year Chinese passport.

How is the snow in your area? It is like a mountain here. Can't get out easily.

My wife took her Chinese passport to the local Entry-Exit Administration of PSB in China. They refused to renew her passport, because it had not expired yet or not within certain time period of expiration (I cann't remember the exact months). So my wife came back to the U.S. Last year we took a small vacation to NYC and had her Chinese passport renewed at Chinese Consulate in NYC. We brought her Chinese passport, photos, green card, application form, etc. They gave us a ticket to retrieve the passport a couple of weeks later. We gave the ticket to a Chinese travel agent in Boston Chinatown and paid a fee of either $10-$15 and got back my wife's new 10 year Chinese passport.

Thanks stone, This really helps.

Now if i could just find an English version of the H-1.

Worst comes to worst I can use the translation Dan provided.

The weather here is a mess.

Last night we had about a foot of snow and then it changed to freezing rain.

This morning i woke up to a 1/2 inch of ice on my car and the roads where just a sheet of ice.

Lost power for awhile but as you can see we have power again.

When is spring going to get here!! :unsure:

Mike

Thanks stone, This really helps.

Now if i could just find an English version of the H-1.

Worst comes to worst I can use the translation Dan provided.

The weather here is a mess.

Last night we had about a foot of snow and then it changed to freezing rain.

This morning i woke up to a 1/2 inch of ice on my car and the roads where just a sheet of ice.

Lost power for awhile but as you can see we have power again.

When is spring going to get here!! :unsure:

Mike

:lol:

Your wife is renewing passport so make her fill out that form.

The weather here is nasty too, bad driving on local roads. Icy wet snow.

From our experience, the Chinese consulate in NYC would not mail back the new passport to your home in Ohio. So either you or someone you trust must pick up the new passport in person within a specific time period as stated on the slip/ticket that they give you.

• 1 month later...