Wife must prove she's not dead

griz326

I wonder if the US government is as watchful of the pennies as China? ...no I don't really wonder about that... Since she's only been back in the USA since May, I was a little surprised that she's already be asked to prove she is alive to prevent her retirement from being cut off.

Not really a big deal...I'll just take a picture of her with a copy of the New York Times and send it to them.

...actually, they want a few notarized documents for now, but every 4 years she must present herself to the embassy or a consulate office.

...I'd bet we pay pensions to dogs in the USA.

I was on MSNBC the other day, and I saw a news video on a lady that kept her husbands body frozen for 10 years after he had died so she could collect his pension, it was the only way for her to survive. They discovered the body after she died, she had left notes around the house saying how sorry she was.

My wife was telling me a about this Griz. If I understood her correctly there is a website she can go to with a web cam where she can show them she is alive and in person.

Really? That would be perfect! The Embassy did not tell her about that. Does your wife know the link?

My wife was telling me a about this Griz. If I understood her correctly there is a website she can go to with a web cam where she can show them she is alive and in person.

Really? That would be perfect! The Embassy did not tell her about that. Does your wife know the link?

Unfortunately not. Perhaps someone who visits 001 could ask over there.