Question

Hi everyone,

My question is this .... i KNOW someone can answer this for me.

My wife and i have now been married almost 4 yrs ( March wedding ) My stepson moved here about 6 mos. after we were married.

My wife now has her 10 yr GC and it's almost time to file for the sons, Question is ... My son is now an adult and a student at USF... do we still file for his 10 yr GC the same way ... or does he have to do this on his own now that he is an adult?

Do we file the I-751 ?

Thanks in advance

Dave and Jing

Since son is petitioning to remove the conditions on a 2 year green-card he can file the I-751 on his own. You provide the required evidence to base the ROC on.

I guess thats where i'm confused ... do we fill the I-751 out the same as we did for my wife? including marriage info, tax statements, letters and so on? I do know he can file it himself ... but not sure about all the other info

Dave

I guess thats where i'm confused ... do we fill the I-751 out the same as we did for my wife? including marriage info, tax statements, letters and so on? I do know he can file it himself ... but not sure about all the other info

Dave

In this case if you already have 10 year green-card for spouse from removing conditions, I would simply attach a copy of the card.

Son is basing his removal of conditions, on parent's removal of conditions, evidence of parent's un-conditional residence should satisfy this.

Attach copy of your marriage cert, to show parents relationship and copy of birth cert+english translation.

Also will have to submit a letter explaining why filing separate from parent, Note the Residence since dates on green-cards, if more than 90 days different, this is the reason why.

Can and will do .... Thanks for the advice

Dave and Jing

I guess I am a senior member having a senior moment. Now, I am a litle confused. I am ready to file to remove conditions (i.e. get 10 year green card for my wife and her/our 22 year old son.) Can we include his name and information in section five on our joint petition? This is what I wouold prefer to do and until now, I had assumed that it is OK even though he is already 22. They got their 2 year cards about 30 days apart, so I should be able to file within a ninety day window that works for both.

I guess I am a senior member having a senior moment. Now, I am a litle confused. I am ready to file to remove conditions (i.e. get 10 year green card for my wife and her/our 22 year old son.) Can we include his name and information in section five on our joint petition? This is what I wouold prefer to do and until now, I had assumed that it is OK even though he is already 22. They got their 2 year cards about 30 days apart, so I should be able to file within a ninety day window that works for both.

You are correct, only if got green-cards more than 90 days apart would Two I-751 be filed. In your case I believe all that is needed is an extra Biographic fee.

You are correct, only if got green-cards more than 90 days apart would Two I-751 be filed. In your case I believe all that is needed is an extra Biographic fee.

Thanks, I feel much better now. My wife will not need to mop slap me - at least - not for this.