CR-1 & I-751 Removal of Conditions

Greetings ;

First I hope everyone had and is having a good Holiday Season. Unfortunately i am sure that our wonderful DOS has made life for some of our members very un-pleasant. At any rate, I realize that I have some time before we need to file the I-751 ¡°Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence¡±. But, it never hurts to start doing research and gather information. With that said, I¡¯ve read a lot of post on this great forum and found most of the information for the I-751 relating to entry on a K-1 Visa and not a CR-1 visa.

I understand the basic premise of the form, when to file and I understand what proof needs to go along with the Petition, however; I am a bit confused on supporting forms.

• Do I need to file the I-864 (again) ?

• Since I have a step-daughter I realize that I can submit all forms in one envelope, but separated. Correct ?

G-325A ¨C again ?

• Her Birth certificate and translations ¨C again ?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone.

Dan

Removal of conditions is the same no matter how you got a 2 year,CR-Green-Card be it by adjustment of status from a K-1 or by entry on a spouse visa less than 2 years after marriage.

1. No second I-864, the one you used when getting the CR-1 visa is permanent..
  2. No G-325A used with the I-751.
  3. Yes you submit step child's removal of conditions info with parent's, if step child got green-card at same time or within 90 days of parent, one I-751 for both, and only add $85 for child's biometric.
  4. No Spouse Birth Cert. The only birth certs that may be filed with I-751 would be those from children born since getting the 2 year green-card as evidence of marital relationship

Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide