Cant DCF, Gonna 130 in US, Some questions

yes, i did notice that, i just also noticed in the i-130 instructions it says "

NOTE: Petitioners must provide a U.S., APO/FPO, or

Canadian address in Part B.2 Address, of the Form.

"

i just dont wanna get it wrong...

Where will you be filing this petition? USCIS Chicago, or DHS office in the US Consulate or Embassy overseas?

Now that I think of it use your US Domicile address in the USA.

If you file to Chicago and if and when USCIS mails you anything, someone there can respond to it for you if needed.

If you file to an overseas DHS office (DCF) they will mail all correspondence to Beneficiary's address.

Im filing chicago, the embassy in beijing refused to let me dcf... The problem with using my US domicile address is that noone will be here to recieve the mail, at least noone i can count on to forward it to me in china, i live there with my wife...

Im filing chicago, the embassy in beijing refused to let me dcf... The problem with using my US domicile address is that noone will be here to recieve the mail, at least noone i can count on to forward it to me in china, i live there with my wife...

Then use an address of someone you can rely on. You will need to address any Requests For Evidence, so someone has to be able to do this for you. You can get case status emailed to you from USCIS, but you will first need to have the case number issued by USCIS, this will be on the Receipt Letter mailed out by USCIS.

Also, NVC will send out some documentation, fortunately you can OPTIN to the Electronic Processing and correspond with them by email.

Considered valid for 1 year, if you just aquired it then possibly still be valid at interview time. If it is more than a year old the consulate can request a new one.

The same goes with affidavit of suppout, the consulate can request newer vinancial evidence like IRS returns, employer letter etc...

Is best to gather the NVC requested documents shortly after USCIS approves the petition which can be 5 months after you file it.

While I feel your police report will probably not time out, I want you to know that while the USCIS states a 5 month process time, we are at almost 7 months, and lots of other cases are running late. Then again, every case is different. you may get your P-2 in 2 months, or 5 or 6 months, But you should be okay.

And yes, you will need a 2010 tax return, you probably already need that.

I have a question or three. What is the "affidavit of support"? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. And it can time out? Huh? Is this something I write up explaining how I support my wife, get it notorized and then send it in to the NVC.

I sent in Westurn Union receits showing money I sent to my wife with my initial application, just never seen or heard of an official affidavit of support that can time out. Did I miss something? I mean, I asked the equestion about form DS-3032 being okay ot be sent in by me to the NVC, was told here it was okay for me to send it in....that's NOT what NVC paper work says. I seem to be missing seeing more and more things.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

ok so i could for example use my fathers office address, It doesnt have to be someplace i actually live?

Yep, that will work fine. Later when doing the I-864 you can use a domicile address.

Considered valid for 1 year, if you just aquired it then possibly still be valid at interview time. If it is more than a year old the consulate can request a new one.

The same goes with affidavit of suppout, the consulate can request newer vinancial evidence like IRS returns, employer letter etc...

Is best to gather the NVC requested documents shortly after USCIS approves the petition which can be 5 months after you file it.

While I feel your police report will probably not time out, I want you to know that while the USCIS states a 5 month process time, we are at almost 7 months, and lots of other cases are running late. Then again, every case is different. you may get your P-2 in 2 months, or 5 or 6 months, But you should be okay.

I have a question or three. What is the "affidavit of support"? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. And it can time out? Huh? Is this something I write up explaining how I support my wife, get it notorized and then send it in to the NVC.

I sent in Westurn Union receits showing money I sent to my wife with my initial application, just never seen or heard of an official affidavit of support that can time out. Did I miss something? I mean, I asked the equestion about form DS-3032 being okay ot be sent in by me to the NVC, was told here it was okay for me to send it in....that's NOT what NVC paper work says. I seem to be missing seeing more and more things.

tsap seui

Affidavit of support is the I-864 you will be sending to NVC when the time come, it has to do with showing support AFTER coming to the USA, not before. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

tsap seui

Affidavit of support is the I-864 you will be sending to NVC when the time come, it has to do with showing support AFTER coming to the USA, not before.

tsap seui schleps off to the right side of the stage and sucks his thumb in his embarassment....realizing he filled that form out 2 months ago when the P-2 should have been given.

tsap seui schleps off to the right side of the stage and sucks his thumb in his embarassment....realizing he filled that form out 2 months ago when the P-2 should have been given.

Stoopid da man!!

Yep, I literally filled out that stoopid form 2 months ago when it "should have" been sent in to the NVC, forgot about it, and just didn't looked at the fancy name it was given and called it I-1864. It's sittin' on my desk with a half inch of dust on it...yawn

tsap seui

I was 56 when I met brer rabbit, now I'm 61, mebbe I'll change my stage name here on Candle to RipOne Van Winkle-san.

tsap