Cant DCF, Gonna 130 in US, Some questions

Hello, My name is Russ

Ok, Beijing refuses to let me DCF despite the fact that i have been here exceeding 6 months on an L visa issued to me because i am married. As i had planned to travel to the US anyway this december I will file the i-130 there, But i have some questions...

I have been living in china, since sept 2007 on an assortment of visas with only 2 trips to the US for a period of 1 month each, I met Zhuo in 2008 shortly before my birthday and a short time later we started dating, a short time after that we moved in together and i have been living with her since that time, We were married in August of 2010. I own a home in the US where we intend to live. After filing i-130 stateside i intend to return to china and continue living with my wife. I have several questions reguarding this.

1. Is this a problem

2. Is there any way to have them send all requests and information to my chinese address.

3. On the G-325a, for addresses lived in the last 5 years, when i return to the US to file the i-130 i will be living at my house, should this line include my US address as december x to present, or as i am maintaining a joint lease in china, and intend to return there after filing the i-130 (considering my trip to america as a vacation, rather than a place im residing) do i put my chinese address xx/xx/2010 to present

and an unrelated question. With the exception of the notorized translations (mairrage cert, birth cert, and criminal history) some other supporting evidence such as our leases has been translated by my wife who is qualified to make such translations with a masters degree in english and linguistics, and having worked as a translator prior.. if she certifies that the translations are accurate and that she is qualified, is that a problem?

Any other useful suggestions.. and opinions on our chances? I have been shadowing this board for some time and this is my first post. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Russ (see edit history)

1) No is not an issue, several have lived in China while waiting out the process.

2) Yes, use your foreign address for (Question B 2) on form I-130 it is where you are living.

3) Again foreign address is where you have lived.. (Later on DS-230 you will note your US address as well as for I-864 you will note your US DOMICILE and provide proof of that DOMICILE for the I-864)

4) As for translations, you should get them done by the notary office in China. (Only the Marriage cert, and any divorce certs needed when filing the I-130) Other things like birth cert and police cert needed later at the NVC document collection process. NOTE I-130 needs proof of US citizenship (Your birth cert, OR Full copy of passport, OR Naturalization cert.)

Documents like correspondence can be translated by your wife for USCIS..

thanks dnoblett. Yes, i already have the notorized translations (white books) of those things... my wife translated lease agreement, some statements from her brothers and sisters, etc...

it was my understanding that all of everything was to be sent in with the i-130... preload it with everything and dont wait for them to ask for documents?

thanks dnoblett. Yes, i already have the notorized translations (white books) of those things... my wife translated lease agreement, some statements from her brothers and sisters, etc...

it was my understanding that all of everything was to be sent in with the i-130... preload it with everything and dont wait for them to ask for documents?

Here is a very good guide of what to send with petition.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

As for front loading items showing marital relationship is good, as in copy of lease showing both living together is good.

if im putting my chinese address on the i-130, should it be in pinyin or in characters...

Pinyin, Chinese PO has no problems with this.

on the g-325a does my wife sign her name in chinese characters, or in roman characters?

Sigh however she is comfortable, if her signature is commonly using Chinese characters then sign using Chinese characters, a signature is a person's "mark"

Below the signature block is a place that also should be filed in using Chinese characters, this should be block characters not script.

if im putting my chinese address on the i-130, should it be in pinyin or in characters...

Pinyin, Chinese PO has no problems with this.

The "Chinese post office" can use the city code to get it to the correct post office. From there, someone in that office will need to be able to decipher the pinyin. There are no guarantees that they will, although it's becoming increasingly likely that it won't be a problem.

One letter was sent to us by a vendor using the pinyin address. A worker at the office penciled in the Chinese character address alongside the pinyin (if he hadn't done this, the delivery person wouldn't have known where to take it). Even so, he got my wife's name wrong! Like I said, there are no guarantees.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

Ok, My packet for i-130 is nearly complete, so far it includes

Table of contents

G-1145

I-130 with item B2 and C2 showing the same address in china as i intend to return there to live with here while we ride this out

Complete copy of my US passport (This copy was made while i was still in china, do i need to make a new copy to reflect my current stamps as i have returned to the US since then?)

Complete copy of my wifes passport and birth certificate white book (visa journey i-130 how to says this is no longer necessary, should i include it?

Marriage Certificate white book notorial document

g-325a me

passport photo me

g-325a wife

passport photo wife

relationship evidence including pictures, statement from my friend, statement from her brothers and sisters written in both english and chinese as they are competent in both

Our lease in china, chinese copy and english translation made by my wife including her certificate of being competent to translate it.

Other items i have here but im not sure if i should include are:

notorial cert of no criminal history for my wife

affidavit of support from myself and my cosponsor (father) including tax stuff

copy of my driverse licence, electric bills, internet bills, credit card bills, bank statements, deed for my house, and other documents showing domicile

Gonna mail all this monday after reviewing any advice you guys may offer thanks!

Foreign birth cert or passport for spouse is not needed for I-130 filing, it will later be requested by NVC. Only time USCIS needs foreign birth cert, is in cases where son/daughter may be petitioning for a parent, or a parent may be petitioning for a son/daughter..

Complete copy of US passport will show trips, as well as show US Citizenship.

Marriage cert will need an English translation attached..

Police cert, and affidavit of support are not sent to USCIS, they will later be requested by NVC. more than likely you will need to get a new police cert for NVC, domicile evidence also will go to NVC attached to your I-864.

why will i need a new police cert? I just got this one, lol. was a huge pain, had to travel to her home town which is far from where we actually live.

Considered valid for 1 year, if you just aquired it then possibly still be valid at interview time. If it is more than a year old the consulate can request a new one.

The same goes with affidavit of suppout, the consulate can request newer vinancial evidence like IRS returns, employer letter etc...

Is best to gather the NVC requested documents shortly after USCIS approves the petition which can be 5 months after you file it.

I just noticed in the i-130 instruction PDF that item B2 must be a US address. You stated above that B2 can be my foreign address and that is the way i have filled the form, i just want to confirm this is the case before i mail it, because i will be leaving for china the day after tomorrow.

I just noticed in the i-130 instruction PDF that item B2 must be a US address. You stated above that B2 can be my foreign address and that is the way i have filled the form, i just want to confirm this is the case before i mail it, because i will be leaving for china the day after tomorrow.

Notice in item B2 it says (state/country)? If I were living in china in my wife's home town it would be Guanxi / China there