Parent's B2 question

We're applying for MIL and FIL's B2 Visa and have a concern, wondering if anyone can give us suggestions. They have recently moved to a new home, but don't have the property ownership papers yet, they don't get them until they've paid off the loans... sounds funny to me, what do you guys think? They do, however, still have ownership papers for their old home, though someone else is living there now, they agreed to let them keep the paperwork for now because they knew they would need some proof of home ownership. I'm really not sure what to do now, which address should we provide for HOME ADDRESS and for MAILING ADDRESS. What should we do?! sad.gif This is stressin' us out.

Also, my spouse is currently in the middle of removing conditional status of her GC. Her GC shows as expired, but when we applied for the extension, they sent us confirmation that her GC has been extended for another year while they process (still processing), but they didn't provide us w/ any new card or proof, other than the letter. Will this be a problem? Is showing the letter enough proof for validity of her GC or should we get something else?

Thanks!

What your inlaws are trying to establish is solid ties to home country and show that immigrations is not intent.

A recent topic. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42616

As for green card cary a copy of extension letter along with card as proof of status. If intending travel to China while I-751 pending, it is best to shedule info pass appointment to USCIS and request an I-551 stamp in passport, a few have reported being hassled when leaving China with just the extension letter.

What your inlaws are trying to establish is solid ties to home country and show that immigrations is not intent.

A recent topic. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42616

As for green card cary a copy of extension letter along with card as proof of status. If intending travel to China while I-751 pending, it is best to shedule info pass appointment to USCIS and request an I-551 stamp in passport, a few have reported being hassled when leaving China with just the extension letter.

Thanks for the info, I've gone through that post, but it still doesn't answer my question. In Laws have several strong ties to China, 1. MIL owns a business 2. All their family is in China 3. They recently purchased a new home. Those things we can prove.

The problem is: They only have a contract/invoice showing they paid off part of the house. Is this enough to show ownership? They do, however, still have the ownership paperwork for the old house. So my question is, should they use the old address on the form or the new address on the form? I know there isn't a straight answer, but this is sort of a "What would you do?" question.

We figure we will use the old address, this way, it shows they have a commitment there already and are investing in a new home as well. So they can just bring proof of ownership of the old home and invoice of new home purchase. Does this sound right?

Re: Green card, thanks for the info, that's very helpful, I've done some more searching and it seems as long is its a US GOV official checkin it out (Shanghai embassy included) they will accept the letter as proof of extension. We might still get the 551 stamp just to be sure, and we may be traveling soon as well, so doesn't hurt to take extra steps.

A recent topic. http://candleforlove...showtopic=42616

Thanks for the info, I've gone through that post, but it still doesn't answer my question. In Laws have several strong ties to China, 1. MIL owns a business 2. All their family is in China 3. They recently purchased a new home. Those things we can prove.

The problem is: They only have a contract/invoice showing they paid off part of the house. Is this enough to show ownership? They do, however, still have the ownership paperwork for the old house. So my question is, should they use the old address on the form or the new address on the form? I know there isn't a straight answer, but this is sort of a "What would you do?" question.

We figure we will use the old address, this way, it shows they have a commitment there already and are investing in a new home as well. So they can just bring proof of ownership of the old home and invoice of new home purchase. Does this sound right?

Re: Green card, thanks for the info, that's very helpful, I've done some more searching and it seems as long is its a US GOV official checkin it out (Shanghai embassy included) they will accept the letter as proof of extension. We might still get the 551 stamp just to be sure, and we may be traveling soon as well, so doesn't hurt to take extra steps.

Probably have something equivalent to a mortgage document. Sounds like the bank is a lien holder so the bank holds ownership doc until the loan is paid, much like buying a car here in the USA, bank holds title to the car until it is paid.

Showing ownership of business should be good tie to home.

And use new address when filling in the DS-160 form