A couple of questions about the 751:

??? Affidavits attesting to our relationship - at least two people; is more "more gooder better?" We've got at least a half dozen people we could lasso into signing an affidavit.

??? Got a mortgage contract in both names, but to the best of my knowledge the deed has not been updated. Is this a problem???

??? We've got a number of joint bank accounts, but the money account is my name only. Is this a problem???

??? The wife doesn't drive yet so I've not spent the $10 bucks to change the title so she owns the truck too. Is this a problem???

IMO - She's on the important docs: my life insurance and my will. ...and the looking at my financial records, even an flunky could figure out I've exhausted a significant amount of our retirement money to put our daughter into school.

...and as I'm writing this, my dear wife has decided to talk our daughter into enlisting into one of the armed forces... Chinese women are really something else! :lol:

You can check out my thread for some ideas of what we went through, but I will re-cap it for you. We didn't have many documents because both my husband and I are still students, and we are living with my parents, saving money for a down payment on a house until we graduate. Anyway, We did get a RFE for the I751, but in the end we just had to send in more of the same types of documents. So basically, we submitted 2 affidavits, one from my mom and one from my aunty stating that we were a "real couple" and that we were living at my mom and dad's house while going to school. We submitted tax transcripts for 3 years showing that we filed joint, copies of our life insurance policies showing each other as beneficiaries of each other (later submitted bills for the life insurance as part of the RFE), bank account statements (about 4 for every year since he entered the US), copy of my 401k showing him as my beneficiary, copy of our car loan, insurance cards (requested as part of the RFE), and bills for our car showing both of our names. I think that if your wife is on the mortgate that's good. I wouldn't really worry about the money because our bank accounts were pretty low as well. On our second round, (for the RFE) we submitted copies of our pay stubs to show our joint address.

The one thing that I believe about the process is not to force it. Don't change all of your documents now, (this is just my opinion) because I would think that would be suspicious because it would seem like you were just changing it for the I175. I think you should be fine. Don't stress it too much...I think this is what I did.