GUZ K1 approval a problem with older K2

I have it from a reliable source that -The Guangzhou consulate routinely denies K1 visas that have a K2 with age-out potential, they have been doing that for years- It seems that GUZ does not use the older K2 as a basis for denial, however with older K2 they routinely find that the relationship is not proven to be bonafide or some other BS basis for denial. This news is significantly discouraging for us, it seems there is little hope for a K1/2 based on this alone.

I am not comfortable naming the source, trust me its reliable, lets not speculate on who OK?

I'm looking for some feedback on the view that K1/2 are usually denied because if there is an older K2.

Anyone go through the Guangzhou consulate for a K1/2, with a 19yo or older K2, in the last few years or so?

What was the result?

A flat-out lie.

They approve K-2's right up to the age of 21, without regard to the age-out policies of the USCIS. You will find several cases on this board alone of K-2's over 20.

You may, however, be thinking of the age-out restrictions the USCIS as placed on Adjusting the Status of K-2's

I have it from a reliable source that -The Guangzhou consulate routinely denies K1 visas that have a K2 with age-out potential, they have been doing that for years- It seems that GUZ does not use the older K2 as a basis for denial, however with older K2 they routinely find that the relationship is not proven to be bonafide or some other BS basis for denial. This news is significantly discouraging for us, it seems there is little hope for a K1/2 based on this alone.

I am not comfortable naming the source, trust me its reliable, lets not speculate on who OK?

I'm looking for some feedback on the view that K1/2 are usually denied because if there is an older K2.

Anyone go through the Guangzhou consulate for a K1/2, with a 19yo or older K2, in the last few years or so?

What was the result?

I must agree with Randy! I have my K-1 fiancee and her K-2 20 year old daughter here with me now in Virginia. We had our interview in Quangzhou on August 24th and they arrived in the U.S. on October 22nd. The only problem we encountered concerning this issue was that we did not have an "un married" certificate for the daughter. Be sure to have a notarized "un married" certificate in the white book notary form with you when you attend your interview ... they will most surely ask for it! Other than this your "reliable source" is sorely mistaken in saying that K-2, potentially aged-out adult children are routinely denied a visa. There are very knowledgeable people on this site with a wealth of experience under their belts. They have helped many of us through the process. Don't be discouraged! If you hang tough and consult this form often you will most certainly achieve your goal. The priceless information found here is both accurate and without equal. Good luck on your journey.

Richard