Denial letter

Sorry to hear this. Could you answer these:

my top 10:

1. Her birth city?

2. Her current city of residence?

3. Age of both?

4. Previous marriage or children (of both)?

5. How you meet? (if website, which one)

6. How long chat before visit china?

7. How long after visit to file for visa?

8. Number of trips to china by the time of the interview?

9. Her english ability?

10. What were the blue slip questions and answers?

the answers to you quesions are:

1. Taishan,

2.Taishan,

3. both of us are 24

4. First love

5. introduced by my middle school classmate in 2006 who is my wife's high school classmate

6.we frist met in 2006 summer

7. i became a US citizen in 2009-6, then we got marriage in 2009-8.

8. I have been back to China for 5 times.

9. she can speak basic English

10.the white slip says it is not a bona fide relationship.

Additinal information: We got married in 2009-8, then when i filed a tax return in 2010 for 2009. i have asked many service agents who saying it doesn't matter if i claimed the status as single on my tax turn. So, i clamed as a single. after reading many posts in this website, i saw some guys saying that claiming the status as single on the tax turn is a "red flag".Is it the problem caused the denial. If it is the case, How can i fix this mess?

I see the potential problem in #5,7, 11 (tax filing). Usually the combination of issues causes more concern.

Did you reveal to USCIS and/or GUZ how you meet (#5)? This one can be frowned upon.

I highly doubt it that ' single ' status on IRS tax return filing be an issue .

To get a white slip , there has to be some compelling reason that this is a marriage entered for immigration purpose only.

On the surface , it looks good but who knows what the reality is . Can you explain in detail what the consular officer interviewed of your wife ??? what her answers are ??? From the interview , you can probably guess what most likely reason for white slip.

Sorry to hear this. Could you answer these:

my top 10:

1. Her birth city?

2. Her current city of residence?

3. Age of both?

4. Previous marriage or children (of both)?

5. How you meet? (if website, which one)

6. How long chat before visit china?

7. How long after visit to file for visa?

8. Number of trips to china by the time of the interview?

9. Her english ability?

10. What were the blue slip questions and answers?

the answers to you quesions are:

1. Taishan,

2.Taishan,

3. both of us are 24

4. First love

5. introduced by my middle school classmate in 2006 who is my wife's high school classmate

6.we frist met in 2006 summer

7. i became a US citizen in 2009-6, then we got marriage in 2009-8.

8. I have been back to China for 5 times.

9. she can speak basic English

10.the white slip says it is not a bona fide relationship.

Additinal information: We got married in 2009-8, then when i filed a tax return in 2010 for 2009. i have asked many service agents who saying it doesn't matter if i claimed the status as single on my tax turn. So, i clamed as a single. after reading many posts in this website, i saw some guys saying that claiming the status as single on the tax turn is a "red flag".Is it the problem caused the denial. If it is the case, How can i fix this mess?

I see the potential problem in #5,7, 11 (tax filing). Usually the combination of issues causes more concern.

Did you reveal to USCIS and/or GUZ how you meet (#5)? This one can be frowned upon.

Being introduced by a former middle school classmate who then attended high school with the woman is frowned upon? Seems like a normal way to meet someone .. a friend of yours knows someone who may like you....

Being introduced by a former middle school classmate who then attended high school with the woman is frowned upon? Seems like a normal way to meet someone .. a friend of yours knows someone who may like you....

Typically an intro by a common friend is NOT a red flag, however if the common friend is your employer, or you are living with the common friend then perhaps.

Here is some red flags noted by Ellis:

On the petitioner¡¯s side, here is a brief and, by no means, complete list of reasons I have seen used to justify the return of family-based IV petitions and K petitions to DHS.
  1. A very brief courtship followed by a plunge into matrimony;
  2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary¡¯s country and they meet for the first time;
  3. No common language;
  4. Petitioner resides with family members of the beneficiary in the US;
  5. Petitioner is employed by or has a business relationship with a relative of beneficiary;
  6. Petitioner submits phone records that show he uses a residential phone number that is listed in the name of another person.
  7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.
  8. There is little or no documentary evidence of the relationship prior to the actual engagement.
  9. Long gaps of time between the petitioner & beneficiary being together in person.
  10. Failure to disclose previous marriages;
  11. Failure to disclose previous petitions filed on behalf of other beneficiaries.

I¡¯ve only addressed the petitioner¡¯s side of the relationship. There are other red flags that can afflict the beneficiary.

http://www.ilw.com/a...0323-ellis.shtm

To get a white slip , there has to be some compelling reason that this is a marriage entered for immigration purpose only.

On the surface , it looks good but who knows what the reality is . Can you explain in detail what the consular officer interviewed of your wife ??? what her answers are ??? From the interview , you can probably guess what most likely reason for white slip.

The interview asked:

How did we meet, When

How do we keep in contact?

Do we hold wedding ceremony?

Whether my wife belonged to a communist party?

And then, take a look at the pictures

Then gave my wife a white slip. That is all.

My wife answered the questions correctly. I believe the decision had benn determined.

The reason that the OP's wife got the white slip may not be related to the IRS filing. That is just speculation. A white slip is serious, and as previously advised get a reputable and experienced attorney.

Wait for the actual NOID. It will specifically list all of the reason that the CO cited for the denial. Then work with the attorney in responding to the ACTUAL REASONS.

The NOID is going to tell me why the visa is denied.

The game is, connect the dots. Introduced while not a USC... then becomes a USC and files for someone.

I have seen a few cases which appeared similarly denied; chinese petitioning for chinese, and matchmaking scenarios. There is a reason IMBRA came along and it's not just to protect the lady, IMO. I think that every guy here denied says their relationship is 'normal'... then why all the denials? Evidently, our definition and GUZ's definition differ. Which one matters in the end? Well, at least for petitioning for a visa that is.

Just my opinion.

The interview asked:

How did we meet, When

How do we keep in contact?

Do we hold wedding ceremony?

Whether my wife belonged to a communist party?

And then, take a look at the pictures

Then gave my wife a white slip. That is all.

My wife answered the questions correctly. I believe the decision had benn determined.

I agreed ! Based on the info you provided in the petition ,etc.... they have strong suspicion that the marriage was entered for immigration purpose solely . The interview was just to confirm a few things.

If your marriage is bonafide one , I 'm sure you shall prevail ; just a matter of time.

All the best to you . On the mean time , review your case carefully again , perhaps with the help of an attorney to see where it could have been a major issue in the presentation of the case that led consular officer to believe that your marriage is a sham.