USA no longer -The Land of Opportunity?

True Blue

I think there is still plenty of opportunity in the USA. We are in the midst of expanding production at our operations and we can compete with any region in the world even China.

As far as personal opportunity....there is plenty of that too if one is willing to work and does not expect the govt. or someone else to bail them out of bad decisions or their desire to buy "toys" before they can pay for them.

What I do see is a whole lot more room, less people, and cleaner air/water (even after the BP mess) and more time to enjoy life.

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Alan,

Really glad to see you made the transition back to the US, and are happy with your new life ! ... (before the chemical plant you were managing blew up... (as far as I know, it hasn't yet --- just remembering the Nanjing thing (among others) earlier this summer). :angry: ..... Someone else's problem now...

The US peaked but hasn't come to realize it yet. The standard of living has been in decline for a couple decades, personal freedoms have been curbed, personal security has declined and the future doesn't bode well for improvement. I'm sure glad my working days are over rather than just beginning.

:( I am just glad I have a job eventhough i am way way overqualified and way underpaid.

I think people are forgetting about how many Chinese have degrees and cant find jobs. Remember the phd graduate girls working in the KTVs?