Oklahoma?

shadeOgray

Well my time in Pensacola with the Navy is going to be over shortly and I¡¯ll get shipped off to another location. Where I will go, now that is the question. I will most likely be shipped to Whidbey Island but I¡¯m doing everything in my power to avoid that. And by everything I mean applying for any other job but that place. I just sent in a request to go to Tinker AFB in Oklahoma with VQ-4. Doubt it will happen but keep your fingers crossed.

Anyone here from Oklahoma City?

How is it over there?

At least it is not Picher Oklahoma

In the most recent issue of Wired Magazine: Welcome to Armageddon, USA: A Tour of America’s Most Toxic Town

http://www.wired.com/magazine/wp-content/images/18-09/ff_madmaxtown_f.jpg

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Well my time in Pensacola with the Navy is going to be over shortly and I¡¯ll get shipped off to another location. Where I will go, now that is the question. I will most likely be shipped to Whidbey Island but I¡¯m doing everything in my power to avoid that. And by everything I mean applying for any other job but that place. I just sent in a request to go to Tinker AFB in Oklahoma with VQ-4. Doubt it will happen but keep your fingers crossed.

How is it over there?

Bubba, I hear there is a great exodus of wornout pickemup trucks from Okleyhommie headin' west to pick them grapes of wraith in California. :lol:

Good luck to ya, buddy. :)

tsap seui

How is it over there?

I live 40 miles west of tulsa

Oklahoma is a great place to live. I was born and raised here lived here all my life

Except the 2 years I just spent in China april 6th 2010 I brought home a wife and daughter.

I have a friend that works at tinker.

If you would like I can give you his email address.

Whats wrong with Whidbey? In the San Juan Islands, most here in the PNW consider that a beautiful place. Lost of high end second houses and rich people, plus biking on the islands, cruising on the sound etc.

I hunt in central Oregon, and the old A-6 terrain following all weather bombers (out of Whidbey---now decommissioned, I think) used to practice coming in and out of the Boardman (Oregon) bombing range----following the breaks of the John Day river ----lots of times, while hunting on the hill tops I was actually at eye level with them, as they screamed by. Ok if they were coming towards you----behind you they scared the holy crap since they were on you before you knew it.

Whats wrong with Whidbey? In the San Juan Islands, most here in the PNW consider that a beautiful place. Lost of high end second houses and rich people, plus biking on the islands, cruising on the sound etc.

I hunt in central Oregon, and the old A-6 terrain following all weather bombers (out of Whidbey---now decommissioned, I think) used to practice coming in and out of the Boardman (Oregon) bombing range----following the breaks of the John Day river ----lots of times, while hunting on the hill tops I was actually at eye level with them, as they screamed by. Ok if they were coming towards you----behind you they scared the holy crap since they were on you before you knew it.

Nothing at all is wrong with Whidbey. But the work environment there for a Navy Airframer is horrible. It will also be a huge problem for my wife trying to finish her Dental Hygiene degree. You have to drive an hour just to get to the mall. Aside from fishing, and a couple restaurants there is diddly to do on Whidbey. It is beautiful but boring and no college to speak of that offers what my wife needs. There are also a lot of bad memories for me there and I am not relishing having to go back there.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Tulsa and I was born and raised here. If you have any questions about Oklahoma let me know! Obviously I know Tulsa better than OKC but I have been to OKC many times in my life.

Cool, you may want to contact Bob (Okie2) he and his wife Hellen live in your neck of the woods.