Hello all, I've been off the site for almost a year. It has been about 10 or 11 months since I received my letter to file the P3. I had personal reasons for the delay to file things but am now in the process of filing. First of i hope this delay does not hurt the interview. I am a bit out of touch with what is happening in GUZ. I've heard bits and pieces that things have gotten a bit easier there. I really hope so. Ok, to the questions I need help with. We are doing the electronic thing as by now I am sure it is standard, it had just been introduced when I started my visa app for my wife. I have not filed my 2009 tax returns and am prepairing them now for the visa and to submit with my P3. I have heard some where that the consulate require certified returns from the IRS, is this correct. I have enough income and assets but since I have not filed some taxes I have a co sponser. I was going to send the copies of taxes with the P3 and also to IRS at the same time. Is this going to be an issue or should the fact I have a co sponser help elimate this issue. This thing I heard about having certified copies of taxes is throwing me for a loop. My wife is the one telling me I need this but I really never heard much about it before. Also is anyone still loading the P3 with evidence? I am really out of the loop on this and could use some advice.

Thanks

The only time I have seen the consulate demand certified returns is when the question the validity of a copy or a transcript. The vast majority have hand no problems with either simple transcripts or photo copies of tax returns. If sending he I-864 to NVC with evidence more than likely the consulate will be satisfied with this and not ask for it at the interview.

The time to do relationship evidence is when initialy filing I-130, at NVC time you scan and send them what they are requesting.

Note do this ASAP, normally NVC will wait only up to 1 year after P3 for you to send them documents.

Hello all, I've been off the site for almost a year. It has been about 10 or 11 months since I received my letter to file the P3. I had personal reasons for the delay to file things but am now in the process of filing. First of i hope this delay does not hurt the interview. I am a bit out of touch with what is happening in GUZ. I've heard bits and pieces that things have gotten a bit easier there. I really hope so. Ok, to the questions I need help with. We are doing the electronic thing as by now I am sure it is standard, it had just been introduced when I started my visa app for my wife. I have not filed my 2009 tax returns and am prepairing them now for the visa and to submit with my P3. I have heard some where that the consulate require certified returns from the IRS, is this correct. I have enough income and assets but since I have not filed some taxes I have a co sponser. I was going to send the copies of taxes with the P3 and also to IRS at the same time. Is this going to be an issue or should the fact I have a co sponser help elimate this issue. This thing I heard about having certified copies of taxes is throwing me for a loop. My wife is the one telling me I need this but I really never heard much about it before. Also is anyone still loading the P3 with evidence? I am really out of the loop on this and could use some advice.

Thanks

To avoid this most of us, I think, used transcripts obtained from the IRS. In our case, they were available about 2 weeks after I filed the returns. I.e., I sent the taxes off, waited a week, and then sent the request for the transcripts. They came right back.

Best of luck.