Here we go... (and a question)

Hi friends,

I'm in a position I didn't think I'd be in, but I hope it will have a good ending. I've posted here a few times, but haven't really contributed much, compared to what I've learned lurking and reading.

We married in Shenyang this last July on my third two-week trip to be with her. Our plans had been for me to retire in 18 months (we're both in our 50s, she's already retired) and move to China for a year or two and then travel back and forth as best we could.

Recently my mother suffered a stroke, and so I find myself primary caretaker for two adults (my mom and my brother, who is 64, learning disabled, and not in great health himself). After talking this over with my wife, she is amenable to starting the immigrant visa process now and moving here so I can continue to work a little longer and take care of my mom and brother.

Thanks to CFL for the help you all have provided to me already, and for your thoughts and prayers and the further help I know you will give to me as we start this journey toward her coming here -- a journey which, as best I can tell, will take at least 8 to 12 months if all goes smoothly (which it might not).

One question for any of you still with me here: have you ever heard of "emergency" visas that might allow my wife to come for a short visit in case my mom or brother passes before the visa process is finished? I hope that won't be necessary, but this is not idle speculation on my part.

Thanks to everyone.

Tim (starting the gathering for the "front-loading") :)

Typically that is what the K-3 was intended for, to reunite a couple waiting for an I-130 (IR-1) to be approved, but with USCIS approving I-130's is a very short time and approving the K-3's I-129F at same time, NVC has started canceling any K-3 cases when they get I-130 and I-129F as same time.

Only option is to apply for a B-2 well before and see if you can get this visa before applying for the IR-1 spousal visa.

Kyle has experience with this, it allowed his wife to visit the USA a couple of times before they started the IR-1 Spousal visa process.

One question for any of you still with me here: have you ever heard of "emergency" visas that might allow my wife to come for a short visit in case my mom or brother passes before the visa process is finished? I hope that won't be necessary, but this is not idle speculation on my part.

I will tell you that my wife and I were married for almost a year, and had our CR/3 packet through NVC, and waiting on GUZ when my son had only a few months to live due to cancer.

We could not get a visa for my wife to come meet my son before his death, nor to come to the funeral.

I would not be optimistic that you'd get a visa.

I will tell you that my wife and I were married for almost a year, and had our CR/3 packet through NVC, and waiting on GUZ when my son had only a few months to live due to cancer.

We could not get a visa for my wife to come meet my son before his death, nor to come to the funeral.

I would not be optimistic that you'd get a visa.

I'm very sorry you had to go through that. It makes me sad, though I understand the government's position -- still, you'd think an exception could be made.

For our part, a regular visitor visa seems out of the question: she's retired, her son is grown and not at home, and she has only a small, cheap apartment and a small pension to her name. Her parents don't need her to be with them at this point, so there's not much there for the US gov't to be convinced she'd return to China.

Good luck with the application Tim, and good luck with the future interview.

You guys should be fine with the imigration visa....I don't know anything about the visitors visas.

tsap seui