Ethernet Controller Driver

I all of a sudden got this prompt: Found new hardware, window cannot locate whatever "Ethernet Controller" driver. Then my internet connection was shut off. Then after I rebooted my computer, internet came back again. Where can I find the updated driver for "Ethernet Controller"? I am using Window Vista. Thanks. I did not install any new hardware lately.

I all of a sudden got this prompt: Found new hardware, window cannot locate whatever "Ethernet Controller" driver. Then my internet connection was shut off. Then after I rebooted my computer, internet came back again. Where can I find the updated driver for "Ethernet Controller"? I am using Window Vista. Thanks. I did not install any new hardware lately.

Depends on the make and model of Ethernet controller there are literally hundreds of brands and models.

Sometimes the driver hangs or windows has a driver issue, a reboot normally corrects this. I have seen display drivers up and crash resulting in needing to reboot.

Yes, after I reboot, every was fine until I saw this error message again. The problem persists. I called my ISP, who indicated that I may need a driver update and suggest me to contact Microsoft or my computer manufacturer.

Windows tries to work as a "plug and play" (or pray) operating system. Whenever new hardware is inserted (e.g. a printer, a memory stick) it will search for the best driver. While this can be make the use of computer easy, if for some reason something happens and you lose the driver, it might detect it as new hardware being installed. The ethernet controller is most likely referring the the physical LAN port (RJ-45 port) or wifi port on your computer. If the problem persists, it could be a sign of a hardware problem.

If you give us your computer brand and model number, We can link you the most current "ethernet driver" for your model.

Compaq Presario PC SR5350F

I just did a whole lot of window and PC updates. I hope this will resolve the problem. I'll see. Thanks.

Compaq Presario PC SR5350F

I just did a whole lot of window and PC updates. I hope this will resolve the problem. I'll see. Thanks.

OK click on this link. It will take you to compaq's driver page. You will then click on "original drivers" scroll down to where it says "Spring 2008 Original Realtek LAN Driver" Download that and install. See if that helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3644737#N2276