Let's Talk AOS Fees For a Minute

This may be a little premature not having our interview date until August 24th but .... I started thinking optimistically ahead to the time when my finacee and her 20 year old daughter are in the states and I will need to have their status adjusted to PLRs. I am already anticipating the sting of $1,010 for the adjustment fee for my fiancee but I'm wondering if I will be required to pay an additional $1010 for her K2 daughter who just turned 20 years old. Also, will all the immigration fees I am incurring for the mother be required of the daughter as well. Has anyone had experience along these lines? I'm bracing for the worst

This may be a little premature not having our interview date until August 24th but .... I started thinking optimistically ahead to the time when my finacee and her 20 year old daughter are in the states and I will need to have their status adjusted to PLRs. I am already anticipating the sting of $1,010 for the adjustment fee for my fiancee but I'm wondering if I will be required to pay an additional $1010 for her K2 daughter who just turned 20 years old. Also, will all the immigration fees I am incurring for the mother be required of the daughter as well. Has anyone had experience along these lines? I'm bracing for the worst

Two people adjusting status so yes TWO $1010 Fees. A friends got AOS sent back for sendins a $2020 check, best to attach a $1010 check to each AOS (I-485)

However 2 years later when filing to remove conditions, the fee for spouse will cover child with the exception of additional $80 fee for Biometrics.

Two people adjusting status so yes TWO $1010 Fees. A friends got AOS sent back for sendins a $2020 check, best to attach a $1010 check to each AOS (I-485)

However 2 years later when filing to remove conditions, the fee for spouse will cover child with the exception of additional $80 fee for Biometrics.

Good grief ! A 1,000 smackers for an AOS fee?? Boy, I am glad now that I was part of the GUZ blackhole years ago..unsure.gif

Good grief ! A 1,000 smackers for an AOS fee?? Boy, I am glad now that I was part of the GUZ blackhole years ago..unsure.gif

Yep! I am glad we got to AOS before July 30 2007 when fee went up, in our case it was $325+$70 (bio) for I-485, (I-765 ($180), I-131 ($170) were separate fees) We did not bother with I-131 and I-765 and did just I-485 for $325+$70 ($395) Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Ouch! Didn't see that coming!!

Ouch! Didn't see that coming!!

Yep, if looking to save on fees, marriage in China and then filing for immigrant visas is much less than the K-Visa/AOS route.