September Interview Group

Like others, my fiance has her interview on the morning of the 29th. I will not be going to the interview, but I hope getting her visa will not delay her departure. Obviously, the most important thing is the first time pink slip. But assuming that are people comfortable with the visa being ready in 3 business days or has previous experience often shown a longer delay?

Thanks,

JK

Like others, my fiance has her interview on the morning of the 29th. I will not be going to the interview, but I hope getting her visa will not delay her departure. Obviously, the most important thing is the first time pink slip. But assuming that are people comfortable with the visa being ready in 3 business days or has previous experience often shown a longer delay?

Thanks,

JK

There are a few posts of a longer delay as in up to 7 days for post interview proecessing or sometimes a holiday interferes with the post interview timing.

If you qualify for visa packet to be sent to another address other than the post office near the consulate, then consider that, other option is to work with Mr Yang the apartment owner and see if you can have packet sent to him and then forwarded to an address that the consulate does not mail to.

Did you guys elect to pick the visa up at the post office in the consulate, if so, how long did it take for them to have it ready for pick up?

Yes, we did pickup the visas at the post office. The interview was Tuesday morning and they told her they would be ready for pickup on Friday. On Wednesday afternoon I checked the EMS numbers on their website with no results. I checked several times on Thursday, at 5:30 it showed no results, but at 7:30PM they were at the post office. We went on Friday morning at 9:00AM to pickup, which I believe is when they open for business. By the way the post office is not in the consulate building, it is on Huaxu lu near Tianhe Dong lu. the KTV building is at the corner. From the consulate you would head toward Tianhe Bei lu (the road in front of Citic Bank), turn left on Tianhe Bei lu and go to the second major intersection and turn right on Tianhe Dong lu. I do not remember just how far down the street the KTV building is, but I know there is a bus stop right there. We took bus number 136 from the Times Square Plaza. Turn right on Huaxu lu and it is, I think, the 3rd building on the left, maybe 100 yards. Good luck, Jeff

Passports are typically available for pick-up within 3 business days after the interview. For more information on courier delivery for immigrant visas . . .

For more information, click the link below.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#A1