K-1 Packet 4 - Proof of Petitioner's Residence in the U.S.

While preparing for the K-1 visa, I kept coming across the domicile issue but came to the conclusion that it wasn't explicitly needed for the K1 visa. I thought this because we filled out the I-134 rather than the I-864 and it is the I-864 that requires proof of domicile. Is this incorrect?

Now that we have Packet 4 I am seeing under the requirements: "Proof of Petitioner's Residence in the United States"

I don't remember reading anything about this in my hours of searching for K-1 related info. What can I do for this now that I am in China and will be here until just several days before my fianc¨¦'s interview?

Is the copy of my passport pages enough? (Showing that I flew back to the U.S. in Nov, 2009 and stayed there until June, 2010.)

I also have letters from the law school I'm attending saying that I have been accepted for Fall 2010 and that they will be giving me a scholarship.

I could also print bank statements. I have very informal pay-stubs from my parent's company showing that I have been working for them the past 6 months.

(Basically all the info I have included with the I-134 *should* show that I am living in the U.S. and plan to live there for quite some time...)

The more I think about his upcoming interview, the more my head hurts. Am I worrying over nothing or should I be freaking out a little? Thanks!

While preparing for the K-1 visa, I kept coming across the domicile issue but came to the conclusion that it wasn't explicitly needed for the K1 visa. I thought this because we filled out the I-134 rather than the I-864 and it is the I-864 that requires proof of domicile. Is this incorrect?

Now that we have Packet 4 I am seeing under the requirements: "Proof of Petitioner's Residence in the United States"

I don't remember reading anything about this in my hours of searching for K-1 related info. What can I do for this now that I am in China and will be here until just several days before my fianc¨¦'s interview?

Is the copy of my passport pages enough? (Showing that I flew back to the U.S. in Nov, 2009 and stayed there until June, 2010.)

I also have letters from the law school I'm attending saying that I have been accepted for Fall 2010 and that they will be giving me a scholarship.

I could also print bank statements. I have very informal pay-stubs from my parent's company showing that I have been working for them the past 6 months.

(Basically all the info I have included with the I-134 *should* show that I am living in the U.S. and plan to live there for quite some time...)

The more I think about his upcoming interview, the more my head hurts. Am I worrying over nothing or should I be freaking out a little? Thanks!

Yeah, my fiance pointed this out to me at the last minute so I had already given her all my copies of my pay stubs for the past year by downloading the PDFs and sending them to her. They had my address on them. Then I also gave her a copy of my mortgage statement, not only showing my address but that I owned the house.

So, I would dig up anything you have with your address on it and have that ready. None of this was ever asked of her anyway, but good to have...

In order to sponsor US Domicile is required for either I-864 OR I-134.

In my case, IRS returns, Employer letter, and Recent pay stubs all satisfied this because they all showed my US Address.

Posted about this before: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32924&view=findpost&p=433081