sending cards (credit, ATM) to China

Hi,

With Xoom.com gone, I'm considering sending an ATM card to China for use there. Has anyone else done this? Or should I just wait 5 months until my next trip and take it with me?

I know you have to fill out a customs form to send things overseas now; has anyone had any experiences good or bad with sending credit cards and/or ATM cards to China?

Hi,

With Xoom.com gone, I'm considering sending an ATM card to China for use there. Has anyone else done this? Or should I just wait 5 months until my next trip and take it with me?

I know you have to fill out a customs form to send things overseas now; has anyone had any experiences good or bad with sending credit cards and/or ATM cards to China?

Not a problem, simply don't activate it call the 800# until after it has been received over there.

Recommended to use Bank of America, their Visa Debit card works fine in China Construction Banks over there.

You need to inform B of A that the card is being used over there.

I sent my wife a suntrust debit card thru fed ex with a box full of other things in it(a bit risky but i took a chance),the package did get stuck in customs,and they wanted to know what was in the package.the package did finally make it to her intact.

She had no problem using it over in China.I told the bank the card is being used in China,actually my wife is here now in USA and our daughter now has the card over in China.