Trip to China

Hi,

My wife will be traveling to China soon. I'm wondering about the tickets, do we order the tickets in her married name (on Green Card) or her Chinese name (on her Passport)?

Thanks,

Auggie & Lancy

I would say go with the Passport name for your tickets because they are very annoying sometimes with that. We are visiting China soon and I booked the tickets with my wife's passport name because we are flying Korean Air. I flew Japan Air last visit and used our family name, this became a huge problem for the airlines and I had to get a stamp from the Chinese Embassy here in NY that says my wife goes by the name of....my last name. So even though its possible to use your married name, I still say use the passport for ease.

Yes - the name on the ticket should match the name in the passport for International travel. Check with your consulate about getting the AKA ("also known as") endorsement. Be sure to bring a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

My wife went to China May 21, I booked with "Passport Name" Maiden Name.

While in China she renewed passport, and had the AKA notation added to the New passport, for future trips.

For international travel always book using the name as it is spelled in passport.

We have traveled many times domestically in the USA using married name because domestic can use green-card or driver's license as ID.

It is recommended to have a photo copy of marriage cert handy just to show married name came from marriage, we did not bother with this.