Brown Envelope --

We'll First I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this question. 2nd, sorry if this has been answered but my search criteria returned no results. Therefore, I am going to ask here.. unsure.gif The Mysterious "Brown Sealed Envelope". Does this contain financials? Medical Information? or ???? Addtionally, why does GUZ and other Consulates "Seal" this Envelope? blink.gif Wife will Be arrving Saturday, as long as there are no weather issues in Guangzhou.

I've also heard that some go through very long "interviews" at the POE, what is really expected?

I would like to say thank you to those on this forum for their knowledge and assitance. There is a lot of very good information here, information that only the experience of going through the process can provide.

Thank You Again
Dan
Seattle

It contains the immigrations documents.

• I-130
  • I-864
  • Medical
  • Birth cert
  • Marriage cert.
  • Etc...

It is sealed to prevent tampering with evidence being sent to USCIS.

The POE will make it quick, just Name, Where going, and explain a few things. They tend to trust the consulate's decision when issuing the visa. It is very rare for any interview at the POE they rarely take people aside to ask questions.

The brown envelope contains her file from Guangzhou. Basically, all of their (Guangzhou's) paperwork that they accumulated during her application and interview process (forms you submitted, mailed in stuff, - including medical - EVERYTHING).

POE varies. Ours was quick, done in five minutes. EWR Newark.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

The brown envelope contains her file from Guangzhou. Basically, all of their (Guangzhou's) paperwork that they accumulated during her application and interview process (forms you submitted, mailed in stuff, - including medical - EVERYTHING).

Thank You again. The reasoning for my question(s) is that I know another individual here in the Seattle area where it is clamed it took 4 hours to process through the SETAC POE.

Thank You

Dan

Thank You again. The reasoning for my question(s) is that I know another individual here in the Seattle area where it is clamed it took 4 hours to process through the SETAC POE.

Thank You

Dan

Do something suspicious and you will get questioned at the POE, or if something pops up on the officer's screen, then they may do a grilling.

You can read all about POE experiences on VJ, the vast majority of cases are quick and to the point, the POE when busy does NOT have time to mess around.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

A lot of that 4 hours he waited may have been because there were many new immigrants on his flight. On our flight, there weren't many. Jingjing was first in line to be processed as a new immigrant. You guys are married (CR-1), so I don't foresee her POE experience being too difficult, unless as Dan mentioned, you throw an unexpected curve ball at the time of entry. Simply answer what they ask, if anything, and go along for the ride. This shouldn't be overly stressful, especially after completing the hard part in Guangzhou.

I hope all goes well then. My wife is also in her 3rd trimester so it wouldn't be a good thing for her to go through more after sitting in the airplane for 10+ hours. All should be good.......

Thanks again...

Oh, :D I guess now the wait will begin for her green card and SSN# ...

Dan

I hope all goes well then. My wife is also in her 3rd trimester so it wouldn't be a good thing for her to go through more after sitting in the airplane for 10+ hours. All should be good.......

Thanks again...

Oh, :D I guess now the wait will begin for her green card and SSN# ...

Dan

No waiting for green-card, the I-551 stamp = Green-Card, passport will server as a green-card until the printed card shows up in the mail.

Be sure that she gets the CR1 stamp in her passport.

That is I-551 stamp.