Playing the waiting game again for removal of conditions, i.e., the 10-yr card. Check has been cashed, I should get the receipt w/automatic extension of 2-yr green card while awaiting processing.....

I got lots of practice waiting for the K-1, so this won't be so bad. Shoot, we shot through the K-1 visa process easily, I shouldn't be complaining, lol....besides, we're together and very happy!

Steve

Ours took 7 months and they screwed up the letter extending her green card with the wrong name and wouldn't send us a new one. In the mean time her green card expired and all we had for proof she was here legally was a worthless letter with the wrong name on it. As a precaution she shouldn't visit China until she gets her new green card. There have been reports of airlines there not letting them board the plane to come home because the date on the green card being expired. They won't recognize the letter as valid proof.

Playing the waiting game again for removal of conditions, i.e., the 10-yr card. Check has been cashed, I should get the receipt w/automatic extension of 2-yr green card while awaiting processing.....

I got lots of practice waiting for the K-1, so this won't be so bad. Shoot, we shot through the K-1 visa process easily, I shouldn't be complaining, lol....besides, we're together and very happy!

Steve

We are waiting too.

Filed beginning of June, and got the I-751 receipt about 2 weeks later.

The I-751 says "you can find the status of your case on-line at www.uscis.gov." but it didnt work, so I called.

Turns out, no you can't check removal of conditions online, you have to call.

Good luck

We are waiting too. It was accepted today, so we will see when the cash is cashed, hopefully soon. What service center are you guys using? We are Cali.

Vermont......got the receipt today in the mail.

Steve

Ours took 7 months and they screwed up the letter extending her green card with the wrong name and wouldn't send us a new one. In the mean time her green card expired and all we had for proof she was here legally was a worthless letter with the wrong name on it. As a precaution she shouldn't visit China until she gets her new green card. There have been reports of airlines there not letting them board the plane to come home because the date on the green card being expired. They won't recognize the letter as valid proof.

Got receipt with 1-year extension of green card. Name, address, A-number all correct.

We don't plan to visit China until we get the new green card. I did make a copy of the receipt for her to carry in her purse.

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Hi there,

quick question, has anyone here who is removing the conditional part, received the I-751 Receipt notice and the ASC appointment notice, but the Receipt number on the 1 year conditional form and the Application number(on the biometric notice) are different? should i be worried about this and notify usgov?

please let me know what i should or shouldnt do.

Hi there,

quick question, has anyone here who is removing the conditional part, received the I-751 Receipt notice and the ASC appointment notice, but the Receipt number on the 1 year conditional form and the Application number(on the biometric notice) are different? should i be worried about this and notify usgov?

please let me know what i should or shouldnt do.

I received my I-797C on 6/7/2010, and our appointment letter for bio on 7/8/2010, so for others at Vermont center, that is one data point.

Bio appointment is one month later.

All the receipt numbers are different.

Ditto!

Extension letter comes from Service Center, Bio letter comes from ASC or Field Office. They will have different receipt numbers, the "A" number on them should match the "A" on the 2 year Green-Card.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

We got the one year extension on Friday, July 16; they received the I-175 on July 12.

Did your letter ask you to send in (if you haven't already) your proof that you are a bona fide couple? We sent all of this in with the application, so we are assuming that we don't have to do anything. Is this a correct assumption?

We got the one year extension on Friday, July 16; they received the I-175 on July 12.

Did your letter ask you to send in (if you haven't already) your proof that you are a bona fide couple? We sent all of this in with the application, so we are assuming that we don't have to do anything. Is this a correct assumption?

A letter asking for additional evidence is called an RFE (Request For Evidence), it would be a separate letter sent out well after the I-751 NOA1/Receipt/Extension letter (I-797).

Our I-751 said "If you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition ... blah blah blah"

We already sent in the documentation, so we just ignored that part.

• 3 weeks later...

Our I-751 said "If you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition ... blah blah blah"

We already sent in the documentation, so we just ignored that part.

Biometrics appointment today,

Then back to waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Biometrics appointment today,

Then back to waiting.

"On August 13, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

I guess we're done for 10 years.