Little sister needs advice

I don't know how difficult it is for a Chinese citizen to get a visa to South Korea but you certainly can get married there and it would be recognised by the USA. Unless I am mistaken though the CR-1 or K-3 visa interview takes place in the country where you get married. You would have to return to South Korea for your interview.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_760.html

Korean Nationals Must Present the Following Documentation:

She is a chinese national so she wouldnt able to produce the documentation required. Extensive research would need to be done to figure out how a chinese citizen living in china could come to korea and legally marry a servicemember.

XiaoFeizhu I believe got married in Japan and did a DCF in China, but how is a servicemember going to do a DCF in china.

Edited by Amaro (see edit history)

credzba. it is ok...myself didnt made it clear !

yes..our first meet is after we had 10 months online realtionship!

my bro suggest us marry in korea..for chinese, it is quite easy to get a korea visa-tourist visa.but i dont know if we can use tourist visa to marry there. meanwhile it is very short time. we dont know how to make it work. is it recognized by america and china too? bro told me we can marry even on the base !!! haha..really ? are you sure if we married in korea also need go there for interview ? cuz after we married got the certificate then we will be back china apply visa from china to go out..i dont really wanna go back again

warpedbored i need to go korea for interview..geez...if that i preper to marry in my home china

Sam and Fen.,ahhaa..u married in japan ? for chinese it is hard to get a visa to japan.u know china and japan has some history..also japan is an expensive country.only taiwan ppl are easy to get visa.we can but is not so easy ..

hahha..i guess i have to wait then yes.Amaro is right..but atctually i totally dont know how to figure this thing out..hahha..maybe i just wait him to do it for me...by the way today is ur National Holoday! happy national holday!! what sepecial things u've done ? hehehe

credzba. it is ok...myself didnt made it clear !

yes..our first meet is after we had 10 months online realtionship!

my bro suggest us marry in korea..for chinese, it is quite easy to get a korea visa-tourist visa.but i dont know if we can use tourist visa to marry there. meanwhile it is very short time. we dont know how to make it work. is it recognized by america and china too? bro told me we can marry even on the base !!! haha..really ? are you sure if we married in korea also need go there for interview ? cuz after we married got the certificate then we will be back china apply visa from china to go out..i dont really wanna go back again

warpedbored i need to go korea for interview..geez...if that i preper to marry in my home china

Sam and Fen.,ahhaa..u married in japan ? for chinese it is hard to get a visa to japan.u know china and japan has some history..also japan is an expensive country.only taiwan ppl are easy to get visa.we can but is not so easy ..

hahha..i guess i have to wait then yes.Amaro is right..but atctually i totally dont know how to figure this thing out..hahha..maybe i just wait him to do it for me...by the way today is ur National Holoday! happy national holday!! what sepecial things u've done ? hehehe

Marry in Japan, No way, My wife is a TRUE Chinese, Hates Japan.

We got married in the good old US of A.

Yes is very easy for Chinese to get South Korea visa to visit. That was only as a back up plan if K1 doesn't not work and he can not go China to marry her. I did read thru their requirments and it does have provisions for other than Koreans getting married. But I did not think about the interveiw having to be in the same country as you got married in.

She's my little sister so triing to help out. Getting her to come here to read and learn was a good idea. hehe

Now is the race to see who will marry first..haha

Yes is very easy for Chinese to get South Korea visa to visit. That was only as a back up plan if K1 doesn't not work and he can not go China to marry her. I did read thru their requirments and it does have provisions for other than Koreans getting married. But I did not think about the interveiw having to be in the same country as you got married in.

She's my little sister so triing to help out. Getting her to come here to read and learn was a good idea. hehe

Now is the race to see who will marry first..haha

For a CR-1, the interview would be in China - her country of residence. The K-3, if it were to somehow happen, would be in Korea.

why ur wife hate japan, before i dont really like japan cuz of the history..but since i worked for a taiwan boss..all the bad thoughts about japanese gone. i like them . this country is a high civilized country with great manner..for this point us chinese needs a long way to go before we reach this..we gotta learn too much too much really....

also japanese are very pricise at everything they do .especially work..it is a good feature we should learn.

actually marry in japan is a great idea..for chinese is easier to get visa to korea than japan. taiwanese is easier to get japan visa..unfair..lol..

but to go marry in US is the most difficult thing really..anyone knows the easiest way to marry huh ? seriously where ???

better go south pole or north .Mars..no need visa then..hehe..just kidding!!!

Edited by justinjessica (see edit history)

why ur wife hate japan, before i dont really like japan cuz of the history..but since i worked for taiwan boss..all the bad thougts about japanese gone. i like them . this country is a high civilized country with great manner..for this point us chinese needs a long way to go before we reach this..

also japanese are very pricise at everything they do .especially work..it is a good feature we should learn.

actually marry in japan is a great idea..for chinese is easier to get visa to korea than japan. taiwanese is easier to get japan visa..unfair..lol..

Yes, because taiwan is Chinese..hehe

I do understand about Japan, so much wrong do, difficult forgive, forget. Once you actually sit down with person that coutry and see is not like you think. You learn are good people too. Many places like this. I hear so many times that people another country hate Americans, But I travel and meet these people and is not so!

Korean Nationals Must Present the Following Documentation:

She is a chinese national so she wouldnt able to produce the documentation required.

Not quite right. She's a Chinese national so she wouldn't be required to present the following documentation. The following documentation is only required of Korean nationals. Her ability to present it is moot because it's not required.

Maybe I missed something. justinjessica, Is your boyfriend/fiance stationed in Korea? If he's not, I don't see how marriage in Korea would be easier than in China...

You also mentioned that this man has been divorced twice before, with one of his ex-wives being Chinese. This will require more documentation when filing for an American visa. Also, what kind of age difference are we talking about? I know we have some experienced members that have completed this process with a significant age-difference, but I believe it may be one of the issues you will want to front-load if the difference is significant.