Little sister needs advice

Thought this would be the best place. Can you guys help my little sister? I told her about the K1 and K3 visa's and she knows about them. But she was thinking of using a proxy wedding service to get married. I told her that that was not a good idea and that when she went for interview that it would be a BIG Red flag. I told her to go the K1 visa and come here and get married or go to Korea and marry him there (Going to China is very difficult for him to get a visa).

I told her either way her brother will be there for the wedding.

Post away......

Moving this.

Proxy marriage not recognized by immigrations and wont fly for this.

5. Proxy marriage

A proxy marriage is a marriage where the parties were not physically present in the presence of each other. A proxy marriage is generally not accepted under immigration laws unless it is subsequently consummated. However, a party of an unconsummated proxy marriage may enjoy immigration benefits as a fiancee, such as applying for a K-1 visa, if the opposite party is a U.S. citizen,.

http://www.hooyou.com/marriage/unacceptable.html

K-1 or CR-1, K-3 essentially has been closed off by DOS and NVC, if USCIS approves I-130 and I-129F same time, which has been the case for quite some time.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Being a service member who went through all the hoops to go to China 3 times I can say it was not very difficult. Just a lot of people to inform who want simply in the end to make sure you are safe and informed. There will be a few raised eyebrows for sure but that stems mainly from the cold war mentality a lot of service people still have when you mention China. Before he starts anything tell him to get the Visa in his passport first and register with the American embassy in China about when and where he will be staying, this can be done easily online.

Then he can submit his request through his chain of command with all supporting documents and of course an explanation of why he is going. I'll be happy to assist him if he wants to go this route.

I'll shoot you my phone number in your message box if you need to ask me anything.

But do tell her a big fat NO on the proxy hitching. Do the K1.

Also, a price comparison Visa Petition through Green-Card.

K-1:

I-129F: $455

Consulate: $350

AOS: $1010

($1815)

CR-1

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

hey :shadeOgray,

how are you.just saw you and ur wife's pic.you 2 make a great couple!!my bro said u could be big help of my thing cuz ur also a guy who serving the navy!!!and he called you say ur a very nice guy..im so happy to hear that !!! what a news!!

my bf is also a navy guy who served navy for 17yrs .our first met is in philippine .he was quite excited to show me in philippine a proxy website to marry: http://www.marriagebyproxy.com/

and i read it...so excited.hahahha

haha..obviously we are not married yet..but we want to marry soon...he served the military for 17 yrs already. has a E7 and his contract will be expired in DEC 2012 cuz he showed me his mlitary card .(i know it is high confidential..haha..but he did show me) .and he told me he will might serve another 3 yrs after this 3 yrs contract, he says it is better for the retirement.meanwhile he said even if he wanna retire , the navy may not allow him to retire. he visited china once before but not for me..i guess probably for his ex wife.but that time we still not met yet...we met this year May,2010

i am wondering if his military identity can make us easier to marry.also with his position status ? can we get a visa faster..i heard proxy marriage is not legal..but i read that website wrote everything so true..haha..hard to believe and find any flaw in it..hehehe..maybe im just navie..so does he..

so we also need to get K-1 fiance first ? will the time be less for military ppl than nomal ppl ? ^^ how to do ...cuz i never married before..haha..quite nervous...by the way..im not shame to tell my bf divorced twice.but i love him!!! he is my Mr Right!! ^^

haha..do u have any online contact like msn/yahoo or skype..i want to add you for further conversation if you dont mind..haha..my bro already had ur phone number...he is always so fast..im happy!!! he is my big bro..^^ he is gonna marry his love..so hahaha..we both quite happy..

by the way im jessica..your reply will be highly appreciated!! thank you very much..God bless you all!!!

Military has to affect on processing, USCIS and Consulate do not give any preferential treatment to military.

K-1 requires that you have met in person before filing the petition for a visa. Can meet in your country, the USA, or in some other country, the meeting needs to be documented with evidence of being in same place at same time. (Copy of airline tickets, Passport stamps, photos together, hotel receipts, etc...)

CR-1 of course requires the above, and marriage, before filing petition.

K-Visa can take 6-9 months to get, CR-1 a bit longer, perhaps 1-2 months longer than K-1.

Again a proxy marriage is not acceptable by immigrations.

I just want to say, it is true that being in the military does not affect the processing time, however for the affadavit of support the military member would only need to produce 100% of the poverty level instead of 125% Reason being, the military pays him more when he is married and he will always be able to afford a place to stay no matter where he is stationed. Being a E-7 he has no problem even hitting 200% of the poverty level.

Also, as a E-7 there is nothing really preventing him from going to China, with the only exception he might not have enough leave saved up. If he really is a E-7 in the NAVY, there is only like 2 or 3 people above him that could tell him no you cant go on leave. I was active duty, E-5, marines when I went to China, I definitly did get a lot of eye brows lol, but I told them the truth even though I was in japan with a bunch of beautiful girls around me.

You met each other in MAY 2010 and want to get a proxy marriage...what july 2010??? Yeah, red flag all over that.

Tell him he needs to get his butt to China and you wont accept no for an answer! Then I would wait about 6 months from the time you two initially met and file the K-1 Visa. So in this case around November-December It does go by a lot quicker then a lot of past members here have experienced.

Edited by Amaro (see edit history)

he doesnt have holiday..tired up with military..he will save holiday for me and come if he can as soon as he can. but can we marry in china within a week or less ??

bro suggest go marry in korea if reject from US..hehe..backup plan..what do you think ? can give me some suggestion ?

thank you very much !!!

can give me some suggestion ?

thank you very much !!!

I suggest you SLOW DOWN!

You met May 2010, today is July 2010, that is 2 months.

I don't believe ANY person can know they should marry for all their life in 2 months.

This man has an ex-wife you mention, so it is not his first time for divorce, please do not become his second ex-wife.

I suggest you take your time, get to know this man IN PERSON, then decide to marry or not.

no hahaha i knew him from 2009 oct online and we keep talking and exchange feelngs..^^

..we decided to meet on May cuz both side are tired up with work.. on may we went to philippine to met. it is not just 2 months as you guys said.

we communicate all the time. msn.skype international txt , phone..

thank you for ur concern too..^^

Edited by justinjessica (see edit history)

no hahaha i knew him from 2009 oct online and we keep talking and exchange feelngs..^^

..we decided to meet on May cuz both side are tired up with work.. on may we went to philippine to met. it is not just 2 months as you guys said.

we communicate all the time. msn.skype international txt , phone..

thank you for ur concern too..^^

Sounds like my timeline with my wife, we had an 8 month online relationship before first meeting, and engagment. In your case your fiancee can file the I-129F for a K-1 now, and perhaps come to China or meet again in Korea or other place, and document the second meeting.

Seems that Two+ meetings before visa interview helps for bona fide relationship.

he doesnt have holiday..tired up with military..he will save holiday for me and come if he can as soon as he can. but can we marry in china within a week or less ??

bro suggest go marry in korea if reject from US..hehe..backup plan..what do you think ? can give me some suggestion ?

thank you very much !!!

I dont think getting married in Korea is one of your options. Every country as certain specifics that only a citizen of that country can satisfy, such as your not from korea. How could you possibly get married there then.

Say you did get married to him in Korea somehow, would China even acknowledge your marriage, theres a lot of small details that would make this situation a little difficult.

I support anyone trying to do something out of the odinary, but I think in your situation you should just wait for him to come see you, then have him start the K-1 Visa.

If you rush things like you are now and get rejected you are going to end up waiting a whole lot more then if you had just waited and did things the right way.

Edited by Amaro (see edit history)

I don't know how difficult it is for a Chinese citizen to get a visa to South Korea but you certainly can get married there and it would be recognised by the USA. Unless I am mistaken though the CR-1 or K-3 visa interview takes place in the country where you get married. You would have to return to South Korea for your interview.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_760.html

I don't know how difficult it is for a Chinese citizen to get a visa to South Korea but you certainly can get married there and it would be recognised by the USA. Unless I am mistaken though the CR-1 or K-3 visa interview takes place in the country where you get married. You would have to return to South Korea for your interview.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_760.html

I was under the same impression but I was corrected in a previous thread.

Some one on here got married in Japan but are doing a DCF in China.