Bloomberg seeks to ease US immigration policies

Sounds like the E5 investment visa only one that encourages starting a small to medium business.

Makes sense to move the E5 to the top of the list of preference, and remove the 7.1% cap.

Employment Fifth Preference (E5): Immigrant Investors

A Fifth Preference applicant must file an Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, Form I-526, with USCIS. Labor certification is not required for Immigrant Investors. To qualify as an Immigrant Investor, a foreign citizen must invest between U.S. $500,000 and $1,000,000, depending on the unemployment rate in the geographical area, in a commercial enterprise in the United States which creates at least 10 new full-time jobs for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or other lawful immigrants, not including the investor and his or her family. Immigrant Investors receive 7.1 percent of the yearly worldwide limit of employment-based immigrant visas.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...1323.html#fifth Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I walk into many family owned immigrant businesses (tons of them) and they are all staffed by immigrants that are extended family/friends brought over on visas, etc..., rarely native U.S. citizens, so I don't know how much that helps increase employment among native citizens.