Rains burst levee in southern China, 88,000 flee

Hope no one here is affected.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100622/ap_on_..._china_flooding

"Torrential rains burst a dike in southern China, sending 88,000 people fleeing their homes and prompting China's top leaders to call Tuesday for stepped-up rescue operations.

Floodwaters breached the Changkai levee on the Fu River in Jiangxi province late Monday, forcing residents to relocate from their homes in the nearby city of Fuzhou, the official Xinhua News Agency reported. No casualties have been reported.

Storms have pounded southern China for more than a week, killing at least 199 people, with 123 still missing, as landslides have cut off transportation, and rivers and reservoirs have overflowed, Xinhua said."

My wife has been in Guilin for past month, Raining every day I have called her. I was joking with her last night "40 days/40 nights" she knew exactly what I was talking about saying that that did come up on the TV.

I am kinda on edge when I see articles like this. As I am typing, the wife is on a train to Jiangxi. Last week a train wrecked there because of an avalanche. I will feel a whole lot better when she gets off that damn train and is ok. :ph34r:

So many natural disasters lately. Makes you wonder about how fragile life really is and reinforces the idea that staying home, making youngins, tending to the crops and drinking shine are all we should be doing.

She'll be ok, cuzzin Ord. Next time tell her to fly.

Thankfully no casualties have been reported yet. Seems China, like many other places in the world are being bombarded with natural disasters over the past few years.

I am kinda on edge when I see articles like this. As I am typing, the wife is on a train to Jiangxi. Last week a train wrecked there because of an avalanche. I will feel a whole lot better when she gets off that damn train and is ok. :roller:

Keep us posted and let us know when she gets off the train. I always get spooked with these floods. When I arrived in Anhui in early summer of 1998, the big river was flooded badly and Anqing was under water. With this latest round, I am worried about many friends and former students in extreme northeast Guangdong around Chaozhou and Shantou. A major river runs right through there.

Our prayers are with your lady on the train.....

I am kinda on edge when I see articles like this. As I am typing, the wife is on a train to Jiangxi. Last week a train wrecked there because of an avalanche. I will feel a whole lot better when she gets off that damn train and is ok. :unsure:

So many natural disasters lately. Makes you wonder about how fragile life really is and reinforces the idea that staying home, making youngins, tending to the crops and drinking shine are all we should be doing.

She'll be ok, cuzzin Ord. Next time tell her to fly.

Amen to that cuzzin Bill!!!!!!!!!! Many times I have tried to talk her into flying. But as you can imagine, money rules her decisions always. :rolleyes:

I am kinda on edge when I see articles like this. As I am typing, the wife is on a train to Jiangxi. Last week a train wrecked there because of an avalanche. I will feel a whole lot better when she gets off that damn train and is ok. :rolleyes:

Keep us posted and let us know when she gets off the train. I always get spooked with these floods. When I arrived in Anhui in early summer of 1998, the big river was flooded badly and Anqing was under water. With this latest round, I am worried about many friends and former students in extreme northeast Guangdong around Chaozhou and Shantou. A major river runs right through there.

Well the prayers worked. ;) She is back at her house in Juijaing safe and sound!! What a relief it was when I called and she answered the phone! After only one day back at the house, she has it rented already. She is totally amazing!! Thanks brother Mick! :unsure:

I am kinda on edge when I see articles like this. As I am typing, the wife is on a train to Jiangxi. Last week a train wrecked there because of an avalanche. I will feel a whole lot better when she gets off that damn train and is ok. :rolleyes:

Well the prayers worked. ;) She is back at her house in Juijaing safe and sound!! What a relief it was when I called and she answered the phone! After only one day back at the house, she has it rented already. She is totally amazing!! Thanks brother Mick! :unsure:

Glad to here she is home safe and sound. And yes, these women are pretty amazing with what they can accomplish.