Rise in the Yuan predicted

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

If China currency goes up 40% in value this move will wreck their ecomomy. America is finally going start to look our for its own good. If China refuses to re-evaluate its yuan we should slap a 50% tariff on their goods they send to the US. We can retool our factories real quick here and put our unemployed back to work. The American people owe China nothing. The fools we put in office do.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_china_yuan_usa

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If China currency goes up 40% in value this move will wreck their ecomomy. America is finally going start to look our for its own good. If China refuses to re-evaluate its yuan we should slap a 50% tariff on their goods they send to the US. We can retool our factories real quick here and put our unemployed back to work. The American people owe China nothing. The fools we put in office do.

No, we cannot simply retool our factories and put people back to work making the cheap crap we buy from China. That is simply the idea of the uninformed masses.

We also cannot simply slap a 50% tarrif on Chinese goods. Aside from WTO factors, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot since China exports a lot of US-company-produced goods.

Why do people always try for simple-minded solutions to complex issues? :D

Guest Tony n Terrific

No, we cannot simply retool our factories and put people back to work making the cheap crap we buy from China. That is simply the idea of the uninformed masses.

We also cannot simply slap a 50% tarrif on Chinese goods. Aside from WTO factors, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot since China exports a lot of US-company-produced goods.

Why do people always try for simple-minded solutions to complex issues? :rolleyes:

WTO is one of the cornerstones of the one world government gang. When we have the one world government the uninformed masses will become slaves to it. Which will eventually lead to rebellion and destruction of human civilization.

Why do people always try for simple-minded solutions to complex issues? :rolleyes:

WTO is one of the cornerstones of the one world government gang. When we have the one world government the uninformed masses will become slaves to it. Which will eventually lead to rebellion and destruction of human civilization.

:roller:

Ok, I guess the crucial question now is ...

Is there any whacko conspiracy theory that you do NOT subscribe to?

Guest Tony n Terrific

Why do people always try for simple-minded solutions to complex issues? :huh:

:roller:

Ok, I guess the crucial question now is ...

Is there any whacko conspiracy theory that you do NOT subscribe to?

You are an antagonist from your posts I have read. You love uproar, negativity and controversy. I will not get in a pissing contest with on this forum. Face to face all day long I would.

Some think the RMB could actually decrease against the dollar, particularly if the euro continues to erode.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1915926720100619

No way will the RMB strengthen significantly against the dollar in the short term. It would hurt China and the US too much.

Even a 40% appreciation of the RMB vs the dollar (or a 50% tariff to Chinese goods) will not bring back jobs in the US. Those manufacturing jobs will just eventually migrate at a faster pace to other cheap labor destinations such as Vietnam, Thailand, etc.

I hope the Chinese NEVER kowtow to pressure from America or others to mess with their currency.

I'd hate to see the Chinese screw themselves by bowing to leaders from other countrys who ran their own countries into the financial abyss with their "genius" policies. :huh:

I feel our leaders, the special interest groups who pull their strings, and the America corporations themselves have sold us down the river...no need for China to screw themselves by heading that bunch of criminals when they cry foul.

We did it to ourselves, yes we have become a nation of finger pointers, but have we lost the integrity to pull ourselves out of this mess, too?

tsap seui

I hope the Chinese NEVER kowtow to pressure from America or others to mess with their currency.

I'd hate to see the Chinese screw themselves by bowing to leaders from other countrys who ran their own countries into the financial abyss with their "genius" policies. :bullshit:

I feel our leaders, the special interest groups who pull their strings, and the America corporations themselves have sold us down the river...no need for China to screw themselves by heading that bunch of criminals when they cry foul.

We did it to ourselves, yes we have become a nation of finger pointers, but have we lost the integrity to pull ourselves out of this mess, too?

tsap seui

Amen, Cuzzin Tsap. Amen!

Some think the RMB could actually decrease against the dollar, particularly if the euro continues to erode.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1915926720100619

No way will the RMB strengthen significantly against the dollar in the short term. It would hurt China and the US too much.

Even a 40% appreciation of the RMB vs the dollar (or a 50% tariff to Chinese goods) will not bring back jobs in the US. Those manufacturing jobs will just eventually migrate at a faster pace to other cheap labor destinations such as Vietnam, Thailand, etc.

Exactly.

I can tell y'all exactly when those manufacturing jobs will return to the US -- give y'all a date certain ...

The exact date is ...

When Hell freezes over.

>>>We can retool our factories real quick here and put our unemployed back to work.

What factories?

:lol:

I doubt the Chinese will bow to floating the RMB on any terms that endanger the progress made in the last 30 years. They'll let the rest of the world save some face, but I'll be amazed if they kowtow when they have a position of strength.

Well the Shanghai Daily is showing the Yuan at 6.7971 today. Not much of a change if you ask me. I think that the Chinese plan is to just put a little window dressing on the exchange rate, but really not make any kind of significant change.

The Chinese are masters of this. It's what they recently did with the visa policy for spouses and relatives of Chinese nationals.