How to park in Beijing

Must have been staged, very funny anyway!

Gotta give the lady points for creativity. And for at least not parking in the middle of the sidewalk.

Of the very few things that piss me off in China, near the top must be the way people park. And don't even get me started about "right on red after stop".

My wife is going to look for "parking paper" to use here in Kansas City. :huh:

My wife is going to look for "parking paper" to use here in Kansas City. :huh:

I just had a flashback to driving through KC MO!

I-70 makes some CRAZY turns going through down-town, made no sense at all! Did it one time following I-70 through there, then on future trips it was I-70 - I-670 - I-70

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39....068836&z=14

Gotta give the lady points for creativity. And for at least not parking in the middle of the sidewalk.

Of the very few things that piss me off in China, near the top must be the way people park. And don't even get me started about "right on red after stop".

Is "right on red" even legal in China? I thought it was not even allowed by the law ... though that means nothing in regards to driving in China.

Is "right on red" even legal in China? I thought it was not even allowed by the law ... though that means nothing in regards to driving in China.

Not sure about all cities, but it is legal in Beijing and Guangzhou.

I'm pretty sure it is, although the DL test questions didn't cover - it seems to be more of a given, than an actual law. I'm guessing that it falls under a more general category.

I have yet to see a policeman engaged in any actual traffic enforcement or direction, other than for schools.

I'm pretty sure it is, although the DL test questions didn't cover - it seems to be more of a given, than an actual law. I'm guessing that it falls under a more general category.

I have yet to see a policeman engaged in any actual traffic enforcement or direction, other than for schools.

I saw it once in Nanchang. A taxi driver picked us up on the main road right next to the taxi pull off area. :huh: He got a ticket then we proceeded on our merry way. He didn't seemed too worried about it said my wife.

I also did not have it in the DL questions and our shuttle bus driver said it was against the law. I've seen him break a lot of US driving laws but he has never turned right at a red light. Then again it is not very often the traffic allows it since we are riding during rush hour traffic. What I could find on the internet said it was legal unless there was a specific red arrow light. So I guess it is legal ... not that it seems to matter what the rules are when it comes to actual driving conditions.

I have never seen a policeman engaged in actual traffice enforcement except for drunk driving checks. I have however seen policemen (with the nice clean new white gloves) directing traffic at some major intersections. Traffic seems to flow much smoother when they are not around ... :huh:

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)

My wife is going to look for "parking paper" to use here in Kansas City. :Dah:

I-70 makes some CRAZY turns going through down-town, made no sense at all! Did it one time following I-70 through there, then on future trips it was I-70 - I-670 - I-70

It still is crazy! I don't get it either. I bought a GPS unit to help Jingjing get around. Around the area you're referring to, Garmin cursed at us! :D

My wife is going to look for "parking paper" to use here in Kansas City. :D

It still is crazy! I don't get it either. I bought a GPS unit to help Jingjing get around. Around the area you're referring to, Garmin cursed at us! :D

:Dah: I bought my Yu a Magellan GPS to get around Rochester, it has sent her on some strange routes but at least it gets her where she needs to go, and gets her turned around if make a wrong turn.

One time I went to a meeting on the west side of Rochester, and she arrived a few hours later, then we returned home from meeting, where I entered the expressway, you need to get on and then within a mile change highways by way of a left exit, that one got her!