fiance changing address after I-129F was filed

she could still go back to the current apt and check the mail box from time to time though but question still stands: do I need to go through the trouble and change her address which may delay my I-129F application? it has been almost 2 months since NOA1.

what kind of mail service does GuangZhou consulate use for P3/4 anyway, regular China Post mail, EMS, or DHL?

many thanks!

she could still go back to the current apt and check the mail box from time to time though but question still stands: do I need to go through the trouble and change her address which may delay my I-129F application? it has been almost 2 months since NOA1.

what kind of mail service does GuangZhou consulate use for P3/4 anyway, regular China Post mail, EMS, or DHL?

many thanks!

Wait until the case is approved, and sent to NVC, then wait about two weeks after that and contact NVC and ask, more than likely you will have to wait until NVC sends the case to Guangzhou, and then contact the consulate or DOS Visas services and get the address updated.

Consulate prefers contact by email: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn//i...t-question.html

Will need name and case number assigned bu NVC.

NVC and DOS visa services contact numbers:

DOS visa services: 202-663-1225.

NVC 603-334-0700 or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html

Nothing you can do with USCIS at this point, it is best to wait until Department of State has the case,.

I was going to get into this but see that Dan has beat me to the punch. Oh well. . .

For P3/P4 the the GUZ consulate uses EMS. After her successful interview, her passport and initial immigration packet will also be sent via EMS (to the cities they provide this service to), or you can wait in GUZ and pick it up from the post office there. Her P3 will have more information concerning this.

I was going to get into this but see that Dan has beat me to the punch. Oh well. . .

For P3/P4 the the GUZ consulate uses EMS. After her successful interview, her passport and initial immigration packet will also be sent via EMS (to the cities they provide this service to), or you can wait in GUZ and pick it up from the post office there. Her P3 will have more information concerning this.

Wow! that was some quick response, thank you guys, Dan and Kyle!

BTW, it seems like no one has updated the timeline grid for a while. My NOV1 was April 8th with CSC, how much longer do I have to wait to hear from them? well a guestimate of course:)

Wow! that was some quick response, thank you guys, Dan and Kyle!

BTW, it seems like no one has updated the timeline grid for a while. My NOV1 was April 8th with CSC, how much longer do I have to wait to hear from them? well a guestimate of course:)

US VJ's timelines, they have an huge database to go by: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No

As you may notice, they offer a CFL branded timeline for us, you can set one up there using this link: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=1

many thanks!

Follow Dan's suggestion, but also watch for a GUZ number. This is a number beginning with GUZ, and followed with around 6 or 8 digits.

As SOON as you see this number, send an email to the consulate (use their web page) to include the GUZ number and the new address. Do this even if you had already sent them the notification. The GUZ number is what they use to identify your file and make sure it gets to the right place.

The GUZ number is issued while the case is at NVC. The first time you see it should be on the notice that it is being forwarded to Guangzhou.

Worst case, you can always download the P3 forms and use those once you hear that the P3 has been issued.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

many thanks!

Follow Dan's suggestion, but also watch for a GUZ number. This is a number beginning with GUZ, and followed with around 6 or 8 digits.

As SOON as you see this number, send an email to the consulate (use their web page) to include the GUZ number and the new address. Do this even if you had already sent them the notification. The GUZ number is what they use to identify your file and make sure it gets to the right place.

The GUZ number is issued while the case is at NVC. The first time you see it should be on the notice that it is being forwarded to Guangzhou.

Worst case, you can always download the P3 forms and use those once you hear that the P3 has been issued.

Thanks again, you guys!