Last week

bokiwen

Yin and I had a busy week last week. We bought our first home together last Tuesday! We also submitted an AR-11 and I-751, as we were waiting until we moved before doing so (we still had 60+ days left in our 90 day window). I did file the AR-11 and I-751 via snail mail, although I had a letter sent with the 751 indicating that we have an AR-11 pending.

Now comes the fun part of moving. We are actually still in our lease until June 30th, so we can take some time to move everything. Yin would like to spend her birthday as our first night together in the new house, so we can see.

Don't forget to file an I-865 to show sponsor's (YOU) moving as well.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Thanks. I was not aware of this and never would have been without seeing this post. I thought one only needed to file an AR-11 when you moved. From what I see at the USCIS website the legal alien can file the AR-11 online (which is quick and easy) yet the USC has to file the I-865 by certified mail .... :P

Thanks for the info!! I didn't realize there was a seperate form for the sponsor's change of address.. Interesting this is done through USCIS, whereas the AR-11 is done through DHS.

As a side note, I thought it was interesting when my wife purchased the money order from the post office from the I-751 for $545 they gave us the blue anti-money laundering pamphlet. A $545 purchase doesn't even apply to the money laundering act. Small town post-office I guess.

Thanks for the info!! I didn't realize there was a seperate form for the sponsor's change of address.. Interesting this is done through USCIS, whereas the AR-11 is done through DHS.

As a side note, I thought it was interesting when my wife purchased the money order from the post office from the I-751 for $545 they gave us the blue anti-money laundering pamphlet. A $545 purchase doesn't even apply to the money laundering act. Small town post-office I guess.

Note USCIS and DHS are the same, USCIS is a sub department of DHS as well as the POE's. Just like the Embassies and Consulates, as well ans NVC are sub departments of the State Department.

http://www.uscis.gov/images/layout/logo.jpg

Note the Logo.

Anyway AR-11 and I-864 are both listed on USCIS website, AR-11 can be done on-line, but I-865 needs to be done by mail.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Congratulations on the new house! How sweet it is. :ph34r:

Thanks. We looked for approximately 2 months before buying. We are both happy with our purchase so far. We even compromised in letting Yin have one of the three bedrooms for her own personal room, and I'm allowed to have one garage and the office as my man caves!

Congratulations on the new house! How sweet it is. :D

Thanks. We looked for approximately 2 months before buying. We are both happy with our purchase so far. We even compromised in letting Yin have one of the three bedrooms for her own personal room, and I'm allowed to have one garage and the office as my man caves!

Looks like Venus and Mars are alive and well. :D

We even compromised in letting Yin have one of the three bedrooms for her own personal room, and I'm allowed to have one garage and the office as my man caves!

Looks like Venus and Mars are alive and well. :D

More like, (to paraphrase my wife who is a minimalist), "you can keep some stuff, but I don't want to see it..." But alas my wife wants to try her hand at interior decorating at little, so an unused bedroom seems like a good thing for her to have.