Why you maybe thinking, "Why is he asking about food in the consulate?" I'll tell you.. My Wife will be just about 5 months pregnant at the interview on 15 June. Her doctor said that she really can't go a long period of time without eating for the health of my wife and our child. So, does anyone know if they would allow an exception, seeing that my wife is pregnant? or Not.. If Not, I am now wondering what to do.. It is a health related matter.

Thanks

Dan

Leaving for Guangzhou in 10 Days

Why you maybe thinking, "Why is he asking about food in the consulate?" I'll tell you.. My Wife will be just about 5 months pregnant at the interview on 15 June. Her doctor said that she really can't go a long period of time without eating for the health of my wife and our child. So, does anyone know if they would allow an exception, seeing that my wife is pregnant? or Not.. If Not, I am now wondering what to do.. It is a health related matter.

Thanks

Dan

Leaving for Guangzhou in 10 Days

5 hrs max (7 - 12). This would be considered too long? Perhaps she can bring some kind of crackers/snack in her purse but I am sure they won't let her bring black chicken soup or fish head soup or whatever is recommend by the doctor.

The offical answer would be what is listed here I imagine:

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/us-consulate...y-measures.html

No food items allowed

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)

I was thinking the same thing as Shenzhen, perhaps she can put a few crackers in her purse. If she eats a significant breakfast before entering the consulate, will that tide her over until she gets out? My wife entered at 7:15 and was out of there by 11. There are several places to take her to breakfast before her interview, or, if you're staying at the Yangs, you'll have the ability (if you plan ahead) to whip up a breakfast for her before you accompany her in front of the consulate.

I was thinking the same thing as Shenzhen, perhaps she can put a few crackers in her purse. If she eats a significant breakfast before entering the consulate, will that tide her over until she gets out? My wife entered at 7:15 and was out of there by 11. There are several places to take her to breakfast before her interview, or, if you're staying at the Yangs, you'll have the ability (if you plan ahead) to whip up a breakfast for her before you accompany her in front of the consulate.

Thanks, I think the crackers in the purse is a good idea. Maybe try to find some of those "breakfast" bar things in China. I am sure we will eat good the morning before, my wife lives in Guangzhou, so we will be at her place. About a 20 minute drive to the Consulate. I'll be leaving next week to be with the wife. Need to go over all documents again and to prepare her for the interview. All medicals / vaccinations done, now just to organize and ask her about her husband.. me .... A pre-interview interview.....

Thanks

Dan