For a statement from the bank, it says I need a letter signed by an officer of the bank with the: date account opened, deposit balance for last 12 months, and current balance.

My problem is that Wells Fargo says they don't do this. They give a Verification of Deposit, which has current balance and opening date for your account, and said I can print statements for the 12 month deposits. Can I use this for the I-134? I don't think so, but I'm kinda running short on time, and they've been jerking me around :drunk:

Statement from bank is only needed if you are using a savings account as an asset.

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=105370,00.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Since I only make like $25k per year, would it be better to put the bank info in there? If so, then I'm gonna have to make a stand at WF :( (in school for 2nd degree atm)

Your income can support a family of 2 at 125% poverty line, this is enough unless your past work history was shaky or had periods of unemployment.

They do like to consider the totality of your ability to support an immigrant.

Note assets are only worth 1/3 income, so 3000 in savings or assets only matches 1000 in income.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)