Which BCIS office to believe

I don't know if anyone has had a problem getting there EAD. We recieved our notice but am waiting on the ID card.. I called the national and was told we could go to the local office to get our temp. EAD since they are going over the 90 day limit, I was told this by some at the national office while others told us that our ID was processed and mailed, still have not recieved. We went to the local office and we were told we can't get it because our Bio is in the system and just have to wait. Every time I call I get another story on this, I was told by the superviser in Tampa to reapply and pay again as it must have been lost and it is not there problem, I did have one gal tell me they are sub contractors for BCIS maybe this is why I get different storys. How do I get the local office to comply with the national office, why are they different, do they make up there own rules in the game? :( :D

well, mine will be my husband, but all the same in that case anyway. so tell me about that please. i have been wondering about it. i have no clue about it.

how long does it usually take, or is there a "usual" when dealing with any of this immigration stuff??

anyway, is it hard to obtain? what do you need to get it?

i guess my main question is how long? we will both need to work to "survive", well as soon as is possible anyway, so please just tell me kind of the scoop on this......thanks!!!

Normally it takes somewhere around ninety days for EAD processing. We applied for EAD and AOS at the same time and same place.

In Boston's BCIS office, we got EAD the same day during the AOS filing. We didn't even need to include any photos since they took the photos there.

Yes, it seems each office has their own policies. I think in Boston you have to file in person whereas in Atlanta they wouldn't allow us to file in person, only via mail. Processing times vary from place to place. Some folks who arrived after us already have had AOS interviews. Atlanta tells us to expect a wait of up to 36 months. It just all depends on where you live I guess.

does anyone know where to file for Louisiana resident? i know i have a while before i have to know these things, but just looking ahead...this is a big concern of ours, my fiance just doesn't really feel like a "man" when he is not working. i want to be able to prepare him for how long he will have to wait before he can get a job.....

do you work with the same offices as you did for the visa filing? like i went to texas service center? or are they more local? isn't there some office in new orleans for some of this stuff???

does anyone know where to file for Louisiana resident? i know i have a while before i have to know these things, but just looking ahead...this is a big concern of ours, my fiance just doesn't really feel like a "man" when he is not working. i want to be able to prepare him for how long he will have to wait before he can get a job.....

do you work with the same offices as you did for the visa filing? like i went to texas service center? or are they more local? isn't there some office in new orleans for some of this stuff???

If I am not mistaken, a Louisiana resident would come under the jurisdiction of the New Orleans Regional Office. This office also covers Mississippi and Tennessee. There is a branch office in Memphis, but that is mostly used by Tennessee folks and people from northern Mississippi.