Waiting for GC

Its been almost 4 months since NOA1. Just wondering how much longer would be normal to wait...a couple months?

Just making sure we haven't been forgotten. Already have AP and EAD.

Its been almost 4 months since NOA1. Just wondering how much longer would be normal to wait...a couple months?

Just making sure we haven't been forgotten. Already have AP and EAD.

From reading timelines of other CFL'ers I think it takes somewhere between 3 and 4 months to get the GC after its been transferred to CSC.

Yep 3-4 months from CSC transfer, unless CSC adjudicator decides an interview is required then it depends on how busy your field office is.

Check our time-line below, this was three years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting more and more discouraged as I see people on VJ that filed AOS 2 and 3 months after we did already getting their greencard. It seems there is a group of people that filed AOS in late Jan - mid Feb that have been forgotten about.

Our Local Office is Chicago (processing I-485s from 12/31/2009 as of April 30, 2010 - last page update June 16, 2010) but our case was transfered to CSC and their proc. time is 4 months (for work based, I can't find family based). Which timeline should I go by? Is it too early to start thinking Infopass?

I'm getting more and more discouraged as I see people on VJ that filed AOS 2 and 3 months after we did already getting their greencard. It seems there is a group of people that filed AOS in late Jan - mid Feb that have been forgotten about.

Our Local Office is Chicago (processing I-485s from 12/31/2009 as of April 30, 2010 - last page update June 16, 2010) but our case was transfered to CSC and their proc. time is 4 months (for work based, I can't find family based). Which timeline should I go by? Is it too early to start thinking Infopass?

Wont list processing at CSC. Typically 4-6 months.

You should have interim things like EAD and AP, these allow travel and work. EAD is valid for 2 years, because it CAN take that long for AOS to process, if a name check hangs.

A few years ago I was seeing AOS go as long as 2 years, in that case if AOS is decided after 2 years or marriage the resulting green-card is a 10 year one, with NO removal of conditions.

Example of Name Check Hell.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=576

Note the filing date for AOS (7/04), and date wife got card (Interview 2/06, Got card 10/07)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25216&hl=

• 2 weeks later...

Got this yesterday:

Decision

On July 1, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

What the heck does this mean? We have to do something else before the Green Card is issued? And then we still have to wait.... I am confused.

Got this yesterday:

Decision

On July 1, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

What the heck does this mean? We have to do something else before the Green Card is issued? And then we still have to wait.... I am confused.

Standard wording - doesn't mean a thing unless there is actually wording on the welcome letter to indicate that you ARE undergoing the ADIT processing.

No problem

ADIT Processing

If you have received a notice to come to this office for ''ADIT'' processing, you must schedule an INFOPASS appointment, on our website, to visit this office in person.

Remember to bring the following items, to the office, for your appointment:

-Form I-797, ''Approval Notice'' from the Service Center or an approval letter to process a Form I-551 card

-2 new passport style photos and a valid passport

-If you do not have a valid passport, bring 3 passport-style photos with you.

To further set your mind at ease, I found this

The goal of USCIS is to schedule customers applying to renew their card for an appointment at an Application Support Center within 3 weeks of filing Form I-90 (which may be accomplished by e-filing), at which time we would verify the customer¡¯s identity and status. If record and background checks do not indicate issues, the personnel at the ASC order the new card electronically, and it is typically manufactured and mailed within 2 to 3 business days. This minimizes the need for an ADIT stamp as interim documentation, and USCIS is attempting to minimize its use since it is less secure than an actual card.

So it seems to apply more to I-90 renewals or replacements they must have the passport photos and fingerprints before they actually issue the card.

Yep, all ADIT processing means is that they ordered a green-card ordered by the printing department.

Congrats!

Yep, all ADIT processing means is that they ordered a green-card ordered by the printing department.

Congrats!

Do you know what ADIT stands for? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Should have known I'd find it on VJ

ADIT is one of those old terminology it stands for

ADIT Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System (ADIT Photo's no longer used by the USCIS )