Wife coming back from China

My wife is departing on Air China at 9am and arriving in Beijing at 12:30pm. Her flight from Beijing to Newark leaves at 3:45pm, will she make it? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thats is plenty of time.

My wife flew from GUZ-Bejing-JFK and her layover at PEK was only an hour and a half.

As far as I know since all flights are Air China there will be no need to change terminals.

My wife is departing on Air China at 9am and arriving in Beijing at 12:30pm. Her flight from Beijing to Newark leaves at 3:45pm, will she make it? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

i forgot to mention that she is taking Continental from Beijing which departs at 3:45pm

Thanks,

i forgot to mention that she is taking Continental from Beijing which departs at 3:45pm

Check which terminal she would leave from. I believe it's the old Terminal 2. If not, she would have to take the subway, but she should still have plenty of time.

Thanks,

Still should not be a problem.

I think Air China is Terminal 8, not sure what Terminal Continental uses.

In any case there are shuttles to take you to other Terminals just like JFK.

Thanks,

Check which terminal she would leave from. I believe it's the old Terminal 2. If not, she would have to take the subway, but she should still have plenty of time.

I believe your right, I am just worried that she will have trouble waiting for her luggage from Nanning then have to wait for them to transfer to Continental, but i guess she can hire someone to help her with schlepping them to Continental ticket counter.

Thanks,

She'll have no problem. Things have been streamlined at the international terminal. Of course she will have to get her luggage in the domestic terminal and get on the shuttle bus to the international terminal, about a ten minute ride. In the international terminal they have a check-in, then you get on a small train to ride to the Continental stop.

I usually arrive the same time at the domestic terminal and my Continental flight to Newark leaves around 3:00 or so....no problem, just did it in April.

tsap seui

Thanks ...........big load off my mind, and you made my day!!!!

Beijing Airport has 3 terminals: T1, T2 and T3.

CO88 (Code-share with UA 3421) departs from T3 at 15:45. T3 is the newest terminal. There are shuttle buses between T1-T3 (I believe).

CO88 may start check-in luggages around 1:00PM. If your wife's plane to Beijing is not late, she should be OK.

Check the following website for updated flight info.

http://www.bcia.com.cn/flight/flightinfo.action

Edited by Stone (see edit history)

CO88 (Code-share with UA 3421) departs from T3 at 15:45. T3 is the newest terminal. There are shuttle buses between T1-T3 (I believe).

CO88 may start check-in luggages around 1:00PM. If your wife's plane to Beijing is not late, she should be OK.

Yeah, it was CO88 that I usually fly home on, and flew home in April.

Just catch the right shuttle bus and it's a ten minute ride to the International airport. Inside and at the back is the new efficient check-in and she'll get on the train to her gate. It's all pretty quick, now.

She will have a couple of distinct advantages I don't have...Chinese writing won't look like Christmas trees and little houses to her, and being a woman she will ask for directions if she doesn't understand something. :unsure:

I hope she has a safe trip.

tsap seui

Yeah, it was CO88 that I usually fly home on, and flew home in April.

Just catch the right shuttle bus and it's a ten minute ride to the International airport. Inside and at the back is the new efficient check-in and she'll get on the train to her gate. It's all pretty quick, now.

She will have a couple of distinct advantages I don't have...Chinese writing won't look like Christmas trees and little houses to her, and being a woman she will ask for directions if she doesn't understand something. :unsure:

I hope she has a safe trip.

tsap seui

Hopefully she will not have an issue with the flight from Nanning to Beijing with weather delays or mechanical, but thank you for your follow up and appreciate all your help.