Visa fee increase?

It has been posted for some time now, and is not suprizing.

K-Visa uses the IMMIGRANT visa unit at the consulate, and has nearly the same processing as a CR-1 or IR-1 visa at the consulate level so a higher fee makes sence.

Also see: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=532989

Ohhh kayyy...

So. After we got the P3 and it listed the (old) visa fee that must be paid at CITIC my girl went and paid the fee. They accepted it without an interview letter. The P3 says the visa fee may be paid "any time" before the interview.

So, she will be getting a post 6/4 interview date. What does she need to do?? Does she need to go back and pay the difference to CITIC?

It refers to day they apply but does not refer to the interview date. I guess one could interpret that the "processing fee" is paid based on when they interview? But I don't see it written there.

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)

Ohhh kayyy...

So. After we got the P3 and it listed the (old) visa fee that must be paid at CITIC my girl went and paid the fee. They accepted it without an interview letter. The P3 says the visa fee may be paid "any time" before the interview.

So, she will be getting a post 6/4 interview date. What does she need to do?? Does she need to go back and pay the difference to CITIC?

It refers to day they apply but does not refer to the interview date. I guess one could interpret that the "processing fee" is paid based on when they interview? But I don't see it written there.

I would be paying the $350 fee if interview is after Jun 4 and $131 if Interview is before that date.

Treat it as if you are paying the fee the same day of interview.

"Applicants will have to pay the full fee in effect on the day they apply, regardless of when they pay. (Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.)"

If you haven't paid the fee, you may not be allowed to interview.

Thats what confuses me "apply". Do they mean the I-129F application, or does apply refer to the DS form that the beneficiary sends in. It doesn't refer to the interview date. I will probably need to email or call to get an explanation since we partially paid. Maybe the P4 has been updated and has more clarification.

What would be FAIR is if it is based on the I-129F application date, since it is not our fault it has taken this long.

Thats what confuses me "apply". Do they mean the I-129F application, or does apply refer to the DS form that the beneficiary sends in. It doesn't refer to the interview date. I will probably need to email or call to get an explanation since we partially paid. Maybe the P4 has been updated and has more clarification.

What would be FAIR is if it is based on the I-129F application date, since it is not our fault it has taken this long.

I-129F is an immigrations petition filed on behalf of a foreign fiancee by a US citizen, it is not a visa application.

The DS-156 in Packet 4 IS the actual Visa Application for a NON-Immigrant K-Visa, it is filed at the time of visa interview.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

What they are saying is that the fee is NOT based on the date you PAY the fee, but on the date of your interview.

No, it's NOT fair - some people are going to be turned away who didn't know, especially those whose P4 packets listed the old fee.