married and moving to china

Guest Do or die

Not posting our story, none of your business, seen what happens to those who get personal here and rock the boat.

EX marine just (retired) 26 years service, no PTSD issues, never married before, now married to a chinese woman ,I'm taking my pension and moving there,whats the process ?

26 years in the Corps and you talk about America the way you do, personaly I think you're full of bovine residue, just my opinion.

Bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

The guy was NOT a Marine.

He was a fraud ... smelled a lot like He Who Shall Not Be Named.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tony n Terrific

2. You've stated that "Nanning" is a good locality (not sure what this means -- as it is basically a humid "shit hole", similar to Hanoi). That aside you also state that you have plenty of money to live in China. If you have significant amounts of savings and investment - in addition to your military pension and social security, both indexed for inflation - you might have enough money to live in China - with a modicum of Western Style comforts. (AC, Hot water, Soft Bed, Clean building, No bugs, no shit or garbarge at your doorway). When I lived in China it cost me between $3K-$4K USD a month to live - and my house was FREE - owned by my wife. Albeit, we lived like westerners and not like I did when I was young and naieve and dug into Khe Sanh red dirt....trying to not step on or dig up the land mines the less than bright Marines had left "Unmarked, Unmapped, and Unreported".

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: My wife is from Guilin Essentially the same climate is Nanning! I have been there in July, Yep! HUMID!!! Step ouside and within 5 minutes and the shirt is soaked through.

Scenery is great other that the humidity!

The weather there is much like New Orleans, Charleston, SC or Houston. Less the Fire Ants.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

Not posting our story, none of your business, seen what happens to those who get personal here and rock the boat.

EX marine just (retired) 26 years service, no PTSD issues, never married before, now married to a chinese woman ,I'm taking my pension and moving there,whats the process ?

26 years in the Corps and you talk about America the way you do, personaly I think you're full of bovine residue, just my opinion.

Exactly!! :lol:

About spending $3,000 to $4,000 a month:

I don't understand how you could spend that amount of money in China, especially when housing is covered. What did you buy? You realize that most Chinese live on a small fraction of that?

Am I naive?

Perhaps they meant Ôª 3,000 to Ôª 4,000 per month. $4,000 to $5,000 per month BEFORE TAX is what I make here in the USA and can get by on that. $3K - $4K per month in China and you can live like a King.

There's a reason why he calls himself Mr. 2mercedes. :lol: :lol:

About spending $3,000 to $4,000 a month:

I don't understand how you could spend that amount of money in China, especially when housing is covered. What did you buy? You realize that most Chinese live on a small fraction of that?

Am I naive?

Perhaps they meant Ôª 3,000 to Ôª 4,000 per month. $4,000 to $5,000 per month BEFORE TAX is what I make here in the USA and can get by on that. $3K - $4K per month in China and you can live like a King.

There's a reason why he calls himself Mr. 2mercedes. :lol: :o

I thought it was Mr 2BMWs. :lol:

There's a reason why he calls himself Mr. 2mercedes. :( :o

Actually, I call myself 2mike&Jin, and occassionaly refer to "Hawaii Mike". It is also a fact that I have 2 MB's, of which I would be happy to give the new one to anyone who can find the second battery that is supposedly remote from the engine compartment.

LOL, I don't think so...it may be these types of digs that get some feathers ruffled, but it's only a guess.

Yes...but I am not sure we are thinking of the same person.

Actually, I call myself 2mike&Jin, and occassionaly refer to "Hawaii Mike". It is also a fact that I have 2 MB's, of which I would be happy to give the new one to anyone who can find the second battery that is supposedly remote from the engine compartment.

LOL, I don't think so...it may be these types of digs that get some feathers ruffled, but it's only a guess.

The SECOND battery would go in the remote control

http://www.liveandlearn.com/rc/silversl500.html

just kidding, mike, but I would imagine a second battery would be for the alarm system and relatively inaccessible

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)