notary papers

Xue Shan picked up the Notarized Papers today and mailed them off. We hope it will go quickly. RobertH says the letter to come drop off the passport could come in as little as 2 weeks. We are hoping for that outcome. There were 9 booklets; 3 topics (marriageability, no criminal history, and birth certificate) each topic was produced in triplicate = total of 9 booklets. Xue Shan informed me she sent all of them to the consulate (without making copies for herself or keeping one of the copies for herself). Uh-oh. Was that correct? Will we be getting one of those copies back later? Will we be asked for a copy when we file the I-485?

Consulate only needed one of each.

Later you will need a birth cert + Translation when adjusting status I-485, in this case a photo copy of it will be fine for USCIS.

Best to acquire one more set of the Notary Birth Cert + English Translation, it will be needed later in the states for other things.

As for Police cert, and marriageability cert, those will NOT be needed later.

I agree with everyone else, that it may be beneficial to take a copy of each (marriage license and birth cert.) with you to the States - just for safe keeping in the event that they may want you to submit it again in the future.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)